Community Associate - GrowIt
Entry level, 1-2 years of experience
What we do:
GrowIt! is a mobile app community for gardening socially with a mission to connect, educate, and inspire the next generation of gardeners. The Community team at GrowIt! is responsible for providing an amazing member experience. We cultivate relationships to create super-fans and their ownership and excitement for GrowIt! ripples through the community and creates more fans. We organize initiatives to ensure value for our community members and maximize community engagement. Our deliverables include engagement metrics, store ratings/reviews, and loyalty and retention of our members.
Community Advocate responsibilities:
- Moderate community content (photos, comments, Q&A, flags) to ensure all members are abiding by community guidelines. Moderate when necessary.
- Manage Plant Master Program
- Manage recruitment of influencers for Sampling Program
- Engage with members inbound emails. Wow them with prompt, above-and-beyond customer service. You'll respond to member inquiries, using canned responses, creating responses (and adding to wiki) when necessary. Surprise and delight fulfillment -- we like to surprise our members with handwritten notes and small gifts.
- Alongside Head of Community, build content strategy and manage Content Management System.
- Write/design and produce great content for in-app and push messages, blogs, member emails
- Categorize and analyze user feedback -- provide an analysis or recommendation for priority app improvements based on member submitted feedback.
- Review user engagement data -- provide monthly analysis for outreach efforts. Collaborate with Head of Community on strategy focus and adjustments.
- Plan and execute projects: Own assigned projects from planning to execution to measuring success.
- Scope ranges from 4-hours to months long initiatives. E.g. data clean-up to customer journey documentation and refresh.
- Account Management: Some of our community member are also business partners. Support GrowIt! Garden Shop and Tours To-Go clients.
- We host 3 cohorts of interns a year. Assist with training and managing
Experience with the following tools a plus: Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva, Localytics, MailChimp,WordPress
What we’re looking for:
Service attitude: Focused on the member experience and anticipating needs. Responding to email support inquiries, and recognizing above-and-beyond opportunities to surprise and delight.
Process-driven work style: Understands the importance of systems to enable us to deliver quality at scale -- we have over 500,000 members. Takes ownership of the work and is always looking for improvements in process and execution. Can document process.
Analytical skills: Can interpret data, draw meaningful conclusions, and can provide an analysis of what needs to happen next. Values data and invests the time to gather and analyze it.
Relationship-building skills: Sociable, caring, engaging, and approachable person who can build meaningful relationships with the members of the GrowIt! community.
Fantastic communications skills: High-level written communication skills. Will write across mediums: blog posts, emails, push notifications, in-app messages, wikis, data analysis, etc. Video and design skills preferred. High volume of content creation.
Self-learner: Keep up on community management best practices and strategies by subscribing to newsletters, reading blogs, joining groups, attending webinars, and networking. Show initiative to continue improving your craft.
Don't forget to submit a cover letter and resume demonstrating how you'll rock this role.