Senior Software Engineer - GrowIt
GrowIt! is a fully-funded startup, connecting the next generation to plants. We have a robust mobile app community (rated top gardening app by Better Home & Gardens Magazine) and build SaaS products for industry partners.
Here's where we're at - we partnered with an agency to build a mobile app. Over the past two years, we've gained 400,000+ users, hit top 10 Lifestyle app in Play Store and App Store, #1 gardening app, built two B2B SaaS products, and are collecting A LOT of data.
Here's what we need - we need a Senior Software Engineer to audit our technology infrastructure, build a roadmap to scale, and do the work. Someone with experience building/working with a dynamically scalable architecture and SaaS platform.
Here's what we'll accomplish -- scale! We're building a robust community and rich B2B products. Your work will be essential to our success.
As the Senior Software Engineer you are responsible for...
- Architecture and Infrastructure - Architect our codebases and platform for scale. Treat infrastructure as a product by contributing ideas on how to continually improve automation services and resiliency of the platform. Build monitoring and instrumentation, particularly in our data applications and databases. Patch and maintain Linux servers, as needed.
- Deployments - You'll be responsible for building, using and supporting our build and deployment pipeline. Build an automated build/deployment pipeline for GrowIt!. Automation // test-driven // regression testing.
- Troubleshooting - Things don't always go exactly according to plan, so it's important that you can keep a cool head and dig into the issue. You will be responding to alerts, incidents, and questions as they arise. You'll need to get to the root cause of issues and make sure they don't come up again. You'll participate in an off hours support on-call rotation and train teammates on server reboots and other first-response triage for weekend/night outages.
Ruby on Rails, Amazon Web Services (AWS), SQL, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Bash
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or related field) or equivalent work experience required.
- Working knowledge of agile, test-driven development
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in software development tooling
- You are a patient, personable, and open-minded individual
Compensation. GrowIt! offers a competitive comprehensive compensation package that includes salary, 401(k) with 2% match, benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance), and PTO. We also offer access to supplemented spouse, domestic partner, and dependent medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Access to 1871, one of the top ranked incubators in the world, and all of their workshops and mentoring sessions for career development.
Casual dress and flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here. We're implementing Agile development so the first six months will be rigid as we get up and running, but once we're a well-oiled machine, we're flexible with schedule.
Creative work environment. We are building a new product and your expertise and creativity are high in-demand.