Product & Design Lead - Provide
Provide is a startup social enterprise that helps child care entrepreneurs build stronger businesses. Our team is passionate about addressing the root causes of poverty and gender inequality. Through software-enabled interventions that streamline child care providers’ administrative work, we are creating the conditions for large scale social change. We are committed to building good jobs for child care providers in a changing economy, and helping families access high quality care. Provide is building a better child care economy - and by extension a better economy for all working people.
Provide seeks a Product and Design Lead to play a key role in our early stage social enterprise. This person will oversee our transition from pilot to full product roadmap. This is a unique opportunity to innovate from the ground up and join the management team of a growing startup. The right candidate is a product generalist with a variety of skills and interests. You might spend your morning managing developers, your afternoon interviewing a customer, and your evening pitching to an investor.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building and executing a product and software development strategy that is compatible with the company’s mission, fundraising plans, and business milestones;
- Recruiting and managing a development team to continue building Provide’s product;
- Working closely with other team members to execute user testing and incorporate results into development;
- Staying informed about best practices for technology for low income customers, compliance management, and child care businesses;
- Presenting the product roadmap and milestones to investors and prospective investors.
- Experience in technical product management and/or software development
- Experience managing software developers
- Comfort with user experience activities and best practices, including user research, wireframing, user flows, and best practices of U/X and human centered design
- Passion for social justice and building tools to make social change
- Deep respect for our customers and interest in learning from their expertise
- Located in Chicago area
- Full-time commitment
- Experience working in an early stage organization
- Fluent in Spanish
- Access to a car