UX Designer - Digital Authority Partners
Want to change the world one mobile app and website at the time? Do you want to work on the most exciting digital product in healthcare helping virtually all US doctors manage their patients and making better decisions every single day? Or work on launching the latest coolest game? Digital Authority works with promising startups and established companies on making better digital products, reaching more customers and solving real-life complex problems. We’re hiring a candidate with strong analytical skills who is driven, ambitious and eager to learn while working a hectic schedule. Local Chicago candidates preferred.
Digital Authority Partners is seeking a User Experience designer for mobile applications, and websites. The design work will be for both internal design needs and our global clients. The successful designer will be able to have a sense for user experience architecture, create prototypes, create full page designs, and work with the team throughout the product development cycle until the work is in production.
This job will start as part time with an expectation that if the candidate does very well, a full time position can start at any time.
Digital Authority Partners is a digital marketing strategy and solutions agency headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. From startups to seasoned companies, we help our clients grow their business by implementing online strategies that deliver real results. Whether you want to generate brand excitement, attract more social media followers or position your company as a leader in its niche, our talented team of in-house marketing, development and design experts have the skills and savvy to help you achieve your company's digital marketing and product strategy objectives.
- Create pre-sales prototypes to help us win new business
- Create responsive web designs
- Create] mobile designs (iOS / Android)
- Create design solutions based on product management requirements and client requests
- User research through both qualitative and quantitative means
- Use testing and research to drive design. This includes A/B testing, user testing, heuristic analysis, etc.
- Create user flows / journeys
- Creation of user personas
- Work with front end developers to ensure the product works as you intended it in your designs
- Participate in user acceptance testing
- Understand business objectives and client needs and how it impacts the design
- Understand and firmly believe that simple is the best kind of design for users
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to design within style guides for intended platform (ex: iOS / Android standards)
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision or other visual design and mockup tool
- Able to take a idea from scratch and deliver a full set of designs based on user flows
- Open to learning new design tools and platforms
- Open to receiving feedback from stakeholders internally (product management, user experience architects, leadership, etc) and the client
- Ability to work well with limited supervision
- Open to change and open to a hectic schedule
- Ability to work on multiple assignment at the same time and deliver on schedule
What you need to know about the job:
- This isn't a regular 9 to 5 job. It often requires last minute changes. Evenings/ weekend work is often needed to meet very aggressive deadlines.
- Great writing skills are a must. Many jobs claim good writing skills are needed. In this case it is a primary must have skill. From working on business presentations, daily/ weekly updates, social media posts and everything in between, this job requires someone who really loves to write.
- Real ability to work independently. We run at 100 miles an hour. Literally. Priorities change all the time. Clients work and agency work are often interchanged and have very aggressive deadlines. That means you need to be comfortable with constant change and to work more or less independently on a daily basis.