Director of Product Development - Realize Therapeutics
About Realize Therapeutics
Realize Therapeutics, a cannabis technology device, data and analytics start-up at 1871, is creating and promoting an ecosystem of smart devices, consumable products and data analytics that enable patients to realize the therapeutic power of medical cannabis. Our products and technology link the medicine with the patient experience in a real-time feedback loop that will guide the consumer to optimal treatment over time.
Position Overview: Director of Product Development
We are currently seeking an accomplished and passionate product leader for the position of Director-Product Development.
In this role the candidate will lead smart product strategy, including IoT device development and production, mobile and desktop interfaces/applications, and back-end data analytics. The Director of Product Development serves a critical role as part of the management team, reporting to the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the development of an IoT consumer smart device and knowledge of all aspects of hardware and software from design through manufacture. Experience with firmware, interface design, data capture and analytics is preferred. Requires an MVP mentality, quick to market, and ideally has resources for US rapid prototyping and supply chain management through production. An interest in cannabis on a personal and professional level is helpful.
Success will entail overseeing the entire product development process and making key decisions about hiring versus outsourcing, prioritization of features, and integrating feedback from beta tests and early adopters. Experience leading a high-functioning, agile development team is critical, as is experience with both software and hardware development.
- Drive device research, definition, planning, prioritization, design and production
- Define and deliver mobile applications
- Create world-class data capture, storage and analytics
- Work closely with technology and software resources from concept through execution
- Lead product competitive intelligence, product positioning, and product marketing initiatives
- Develop a strategic understanding of evolving trends in the cannabis tech space
- Product development and product management experience in mobile, Internet/cloud, or data industries.
- Proven experience in product planning and product delivery.
- Ability to understand technical subjects, emerging technologies, and market dynamics.
- Experience in product marketing and direct interfacing with sales teams.
- Proven analytical skills with data, metrics.
- Involvement in user experience design and user research.
- Personality and leadership style fitting the environment of an early stage, dynamic technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering, computer science or related technical degree
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise directed data products (e.g. data as a service, data monetization, and related)
- Experience in IoT
- Several years in start-up or mid-size companies that experienced high growth
- Sourcing and management of supply chain and production of related devices
- A keen eye from both the consumer and industrial design perspective
- Technical Master’s degree or MBA
Bonus Points for experience in Machine learning / AI technology, as well as experience with data analytics .
Compensation & Benefits
During the current pre-funding stage, modest compensation will be provided, and will increase up to $100K + incentive upon funding
- Health insurance and 401k (post funding)
- Conveniently located at 1871 in the Mart in Chicago
Additional Information about Cannabis and Realize Management
The legal cannabis industry is the fastest growing industry in America, with projected revenues of $20 billion by 2020. As medical use expands (25 states + DC and counting) and recreational use (4 states, DC and several ballot measures in 2016) becomes more accepted, we are at a pivotal moment in the birth of a new industry. Be part of an emerging organization leading the way in proving the legitimate benefits to cannabis and improving the consumer experience. Founder Mark Nottoli is a Chicago-based serial entrepreneur and investor with experience in the regulated healthcare space across natural products, pharma, nutrition and medical devices from start-up to commercialization through divestiture: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marknottoli Mr. Nottoli is the co-founder and director of CanopyBoulder, the leading cannabis business accelerator based in Boulder, Colorado. The Realize management and advisory team include founders of leading firms in the cannabis industry with portfolio investments across a broad range of cannabis companies and start-ups.