Jr 3D Artist - Level EX
About Level EX
Level EX is a fast paced, growing tech startup that’s creating first-of-its-kind virtual surgery mobile apps using video game technology to train surgeons. We unite expert game developers, artists, digital health execs, and surgeons to build ultra-realistic training simulations that take a surgeon’s skill to the next level. We’re a collaborative, highly creative, and mission-driven team that’s looking for like-minded people excited to change the status quo in medicine. We’re pushing pixels to save lives!
Our team is looking for a highly creative and fast-moving junior 3D artist for a part-time contract position at our downtown Chicago office.
Our Ideal Candidate
Do you have a strong portfolio showcasing photorealistic renders of human anatomy or artwork in the consumer electronics space? Possess excellent problem solving, organizational, and creativity skills? If so, then you’ll be right at home with our team.
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, Adobe CS, Unity, and ZBrush. Substance Painter/Designer a plus.
- 1 to 2 years related art experience with a professional art degree a must
- Must be able to give/receive feedback and accept creative direction from senior team members
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet multiple weekly deadlines
What You’ll Be Doing For Us
- Efficiently and accurately execute a large number of cross-platform deliverables on a daily basis (examples of something you might work on include: resizing assets and setting them up to work in PBR, light baking, making custom ‘substances’, image effects like saliva and masks, etc.)
- Level layout - placing collision objects, etc
- Develop creative artistic solutions while adhering to brand guidelines
- Prepare and deliver production-ready files
- Work with the art department to render assets for promotional use.
- Works with lead artist and other team members to achieve a cohesive style
When You’ll Need To Be Available
Minimum 20 hours a week with two to three days in the office. Position available immediately.
Be sure to include your resume and a cover letter in your application! Your cover letter should highlight why you think you’d be perfect for the job and a fit with the Level EX team. If you have examples of your work and/or a portfolio, send it along with your resume; it brings you one step closer to an interview with us.