Graphic Designer - Moonshot
The Graphic Designer role within the Brand Excellence Team plays a critical role in both brand and overall visual communications. The role is part of a fun, inclusive team working to help connect the world with emerging technologies via the results of our efforts with clients and partners around globe. Additionally, the Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of things depending on shifting needs and priorities (i.e. proposals, collateral, and various content marketing activities executed by the Moonshot by Pactera Digital team). In addition to executing initiatives day-to-day/week-to-week, it is expected that the individual in this role will organize the various tasks, dependencies, deadlines, etc., and manage the workload as well as execute it.
The ideal candidate is inspired to learn and share in their understanding of emerging technologies and human interaction. This role is based in Chicago out of our 1871 space and reports directly to the VP Growth. Position responsibilities include:
- Define and document current brand guidelines in partnership with key members of the executive leadership team and select team members
- Provide templates for common document types (i.e. meeting agenda, intro presentations, proposals, etc.) in preferred formats such as Word, PowerPoint, and/or Keynote
- Support the broader team with some basic training on how to use the various templates and common best practices to help increase proficiency and efficiency.
- Manage and execute a variety of design oriented projects
- Create custom graphics to help communicate a variety of ideas and concepts visually
- Directly interact with appropriate stakeholders feedback, follow-up, and approval on various design deliverables (preferably documenting & tracking via a project mgmt. system or task mgmt. tools)
- For multi-day/multi-week projects, capture and document requirements related to the initiative or project
- Manage project execution against defined timelines and budgets
- Review final designs for errors and to ensure quality, especially prior to printing or other final deliverable production steps
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate, and communicate project risks throughout projects the Graphic Designer is managing.
- Good time management skills
- Organize and conduct efficient results oriented project meetings
- Project management/scope management (Basic)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Train client staff with Basic Design and Graphic Design best practices
- Coordinate of project deliverables with cross-functional teams
- Analytical skills
- Ability to review work output from the point of view of the end-customer and examine how the designs will be perceived to ensure key message points are conveyed as well as prioritize feedback from design review sessions
- Computer skills
- Working knowledge of popular software formats used in business such as Word, PPT, and Keynote
- Advanced/expert-user knowledge of software tools used for design such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Creativity and artistic skills
- Ability to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to the intended audience(s)
- Ability to develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning
- Ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and consumers.
- Produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer program.
- Familiar with or willingness to learn how to use project management software tools such as MSFT Project, Confluence, and Jira
- Problem-solver, hands-on mentality