Senior Full Stack Engineer - Cameo
Cameo is a platform where fans can book personalized video messages from their favorite people in sports & entertainment. Imagine if you could get your best friend’s favorite Blackhawk or YouTube star to wish them happy birthday. We're growing quickly, have an excellent culture, and recently closed a round of funding from Chicago Ventures and some of the top angel investors in the Midwest.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're seeking an experienced, highly talented, self-starter to work alongside our CTO and executive team at 1871 as we build and scale our platform. We're very proud of the team we've cultivated, which includes our CTO (a former Vine influencer who comes from Duke and Microsoft), our CEO (a Duke, CBOE and LinkedIn alum), and our third Co-founder and COO (an active NFL agent and accomplished Hollywood producer). We've assembled many of the right ingredients for the winning recipe, all we're missing is you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The projects you'll work on are exciting and bleeding edge! Whether you're working on our React Native app, Node fulfillment bot, React/Redux web frontend, or Node backend, you'll never be bored or without an interesting challenge or problem to solve. Our product development process is both highly creative and disciplined, and your contributions will be essential in executing our vision to create the most personal and powerful fan experiences in the world at a global scale.
We by no means expect you to check EVERY box, but we're looking for a well rounded engineer who has
- Experience implementing Test Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Bot development with Node.js and Web API
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT
- Disrupt the sports and entertainment industry by bringing fans closer to their favorite people than ever before
- Get in early at a seed stage company and have direct input into the design process
- Write the code that drives our product forward
- Private office with one of the world's largest incubators, 1871
- Enjoy unlimited access to 1,000+ learning and development opportunities per year (events, workshops, mentoring sessions, etc
- Work daily with professional athletes, actors, and influencers
- Push yourself professionally by being surrounded by high performers
- Enjoy all the perks of being part of the 1871 community (discounts, workshops, mentorship, weekly happy hours, etc)
- Compete in company-sponsored softball leagues, fantasy football leagues, and other fun activities
- Celebrate big wins with office gong
- Some skin in the game with stock options!
- Healthcare reimbursement and cell phone credit