Creative Content Writer - SYDE
Syde is an integrated technology startup. What do we do you ask? We engineer technology experiences. Everything from high performance cell phone charging to complex automation. Our goal is to build technological solutions centered around your life for your convenience while utilizing methods of reducing power consumption, energy use, and time wastage to pay itself back. Syde was founded in June of 2016 and is now a multinational company with offices in Shenzhen, China; Chicago, IL; and upcoming offices in Mumbai, India.
How do we grow so fast, and so successfully?
The key ingredients to our success is our ability to level ourselves with the consumer, a progressive and evolving company culture, our cutting-edge technology, and best of all our enthusiastic employees.
What you’ll be doing?
You are our customer ambassador. Your ONLY goal is to put yourself in the shoes of customers and drive our company in that direction. You will have three primary goals in the company from which your time will be split between. Eventually, these roles will transpire into their own jobs more than likely at your lead.
As a Lead Creative:
Bad design, bad visuals, and subpar presentation should have you screaming in your head. You channel that hatred and frustration into putting together mind-blowing visuals design to sell and represent the brand. You examine every aspect to the pixel and won’t let the tiniest of details get by you. All the lazy designers hate you with a burning passion. They get nightmares in the night thinking about your proofing reviews.
- Work hand in hand with our graphic designer and marketing team to create visual experiences to express our brand and values
- Design, organize, and structure content on a creative aspect to sell products
- Formulate and invent new ideas for branding, advertising campaigns, and marketing messages
- Analyze trends and results and make data-driven decisions
- Manage creative processes from concept to completion
- Work closely with different teams from supply-chain to marketing, and even software development
- Formulate and them maintain visual brand communication standards
As a Content Marketer and Writer:
You are a sales engine, pumping out content line by line, page by page. Whether it be a small article, a bullet point sentence, or a short 150 character phrase, you always pull through with someone so catching, so relatable that your customers ask themselves after blindly checking out, how did this company read my mind?
- Write content to sell customers. You will achieve this goal by optimizing to sell and educating the customer in their shoes.
- Be versatile and be able to work with multiple types of content from emails to ecommerce product listings and then Facebook ad content
- Understanding of SEO practices, content development, distribution, and performance metrics
- Work with our marketing team to develop our brand voice, style, and tone and then build an editorial governance around it.
- Management of ongoing social accounts and roasting competitors if necessary and authorized
- Integration of content programs with brand initiatives to drive the brand into demand
As a Customer Experience Manager:
Lastly, you find every company you contact subpar in service, robotic in nature, and hate their dis-appreciation to centralize their service around you rather than the opposite. Every time you call for help, you have a burning desire to find a company that fulfills your expectations for decent support. This is your chance to build an experience not decent, or even worse to normal standards, but to nearly magical standards. You fly customers on a private jet while other companies send them flying economy basic on a delayed Spirit airlines flight.
- Build a customer support program centered around the customer
- Build Omni-channel support options. Start conversations with customers on Facebook messenger. End it on Twitter.
- Answer customer questions around the clock during the work day whether it be via chat, to the hour response times, and take phone calls throughout the day
- Associate with the customer to a personal scale. Keeping company values and interests first and then supporting the agent to limitless degrees within the scale. You will willingly go above and beyond for each and every customer whether that means an extra follow-up phone call, or free expedited shipping for those in a rush.
- Deliver strategic growth programs to bring on more agents while maintaining the experience
What we expect from you:
- A passion to excel and define new standards in the world. It should be your passion to excel at this job and you believe in our mission.
- The ability to put yourself in the shoes of our customers and market to them.
- A college degree in a related field (i.e. snake charming)
- The ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to manage and work through things when in a high-stakes, high-stress environment. (In other words, pull through with outstanding results even when your to-do list is longer than the line for a free mall Santa)
- Opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment and scale with the company (10 to estimated 100 employees within 6 months)
- $250/mo healthcare contribution
- 401k with company matching
- Unlimited vacation & sick days