iOS Developer - GrowIt
What we do:
GrowIt! is a tech company with a mobile app community and B2B products servicing the garden industry.
We offer three B2B products to the horticulture industry. 1) Garden Shops – special profiles within the GrowIt! community connecting independent garden centers to our members. 2) Tours To-Go – we partner with botanic and public gardens to build custom tours powered by GrowIt! for garden visitors. 3) Consumer Insights – we sell data packages to plant breeders, plant brands, and plant distributors.
The company mission is to 1) make consumer purchasing decisions easier 2) provide tools that enable retailers to sell more plants, and 3) to revolutionize consumer data gathering in the horticultural industry.
- Here’s where we’re at - we partnered with an agency to build a mobile app, but recently moved development in-house. We’ve gained 465,000+ users, hit top 10 Lifestyle app in Play Store and App Store, #1 gardening app, listed in Better Homes & Gardens best gardening app, built three B2B SaaS products, and are collecting A LOT of data.
- Here’s what we need - we need a mobile app developer to own the mobile development. You’ll develop new B2B products for mobile and build new features for the mobile community platform. You’ll also spend time swatting bug, improving current functions, and create new features.
- Here’s what we’ll accomplish -- scale! We’re building a robust mobile community and rich B2B products. Your work will be essential to our success.
As a Mobile App Developer, you are responsible for:
Development - Developing our mobile application project. Produce high quality code that satisfies both the business functional requirements as well as the non-functional requirements. Create / test prototypes and keep up with new technology in the industry that brings innovation to solve business problems. Work in an agile, BDD environment.
Establishing and driving standards - Driving standards and tools for development initiatives that establish best practices and code guidelines. Participate and contribute to all phases in building new digital products, including programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review, and deployment planning. Test automation is part of your philosophy
Design - Designing solutions taking into account scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security and performance.
Communication – Day-to-day, you’ll be working with the head of product, other developers, and business stakeholders. You are an effective communicator so even non-tech folks can understand what you’re up to and how we can all plan accordingly for seamless development, testing, deployment, and implementation.
DevOps - Monitor and support as needed. You’ll participate in a support rotation and train teammates on first-response triage related to your discipline for outages.
- Must have skills: Proficient with Swift and Objective-C, knowledge of iOS frameworks OR Java, Android Studio, Android SDK Experience/knowledge with CI/CD; nice to have Ruby or other backend languages
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- 3rd party tool integration (Localytics, Adjust, Mandrill) experience
- Experience with consumer facing apps
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or related fields is required
- Working knowledge of agile, test-driven development or behavior-driven development
- Passionate about staying current on trends and best practices in mobile app development
- You are a patient, personable, and open-minded individual
Start-up culture; corporate benefits package
Competitive pay, 401(k) with 2% match, and benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance and paid time off). We also offer access to supplemented spouse, domestic partner, and dependent medical, dental, and vision insurance.
1871 workshop and mentors for career development.
Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
Creative work environment. We are building a new product and your expertise and creativity are high in-demand.