Head of Sales and Business Development - OptionIt
Tired of not being able to gain access to the most in demand sports and entertainment events in your area? OptionIt offers fans the ability to gain access to your favorite events with guaranteed, face-value tickets to post-season sports, in demand concerts, and more.
Through our official partnerships, we offer fans access to tickets without obligation to the most in demand post-season games. For our customers, this means that for an up-front fee, you can reserve access to a guaranteed ticket for the most in demand events months before they go on sale. For our clients, this means new revenue sources and tighter relationships with their fan bases through our patent protected ability to offer and run options style programs. Through our platform fans can then decide if they would like to share, resell, or attend the events that they have locked in. Fans can remove both the guess work and the last minute scrambling by locking in access and price through the purchase of an option.
Head of Sales & Business Development
We are looking for an experienced business development and sales professional with a proven track record in closing high-value partnership deals. As an integral team player on a lean, empowered, and committed team, you will be tasked with securing new inventory for our expanding full access ticket portfolio. You should have prior experience on the business side of the sports and entertainment industry, knowledge of the ticketing space, and the ability to work with a team who is eager to build on recent success as a leader in the first access space.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and lead the business development strategy for OptionIt to hit its growth targets.
- Build relationships with entertainment venues, collegiate sports programs and ticketing offices, professional sports leagues, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing to research and prepare pitches and pitch decks for new potential partner meetings.
- Develop performance measurement metrics including sales reporting, revenue, profits, forecasting, etc.
- Identify, prioritize, develop, and close specific partnership opportunities which are optimized for exceptional revenue growth.
- Play outside of your position as needed. Although your main focus will be on business development and sales, we’re an early-stage startup that is looking for team players who are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and move the business forward.
- Proven ability developing and closing new business leads in a high-touch, consultative sales environment.
- Solid executive presentation and negotiation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous and ever-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starter who is willing (and eager) to contribute in every area of the sales process from strategy to scouting and prospecting new leads.
- Experience working in a smaller startup environment highly preferred.
- Desire to get in at the ground level and be part of the building phase of a company with a strong foundation
- Humble but confident. There’s no room for egos here.
- Competitive compensation package comprised of a base salary + commission with high earning potential.
- Access to the #1 ranked technology incubator, 1871, and all of the programming, workshops, events, and perks they have to offer!
- Convenient location inside the Merchandise Mart in River North.