Design Intern - Project Decibel
ABOUT PROJECT DECIBEL
Project Decibel is a hearing wellness initiative using tech to enable custom hearing care for the music industry. Tools we've created allow touring musicians, audio engineers, crew, management, music students and music lovers to access hearing healthcare and custom ear pieces such as musicians earplugs and in-ear monitors (what musicians wear on stage).
We are currently working out of Chicago's Tech Hub, 1871, as part of the 5th WiSTEM cohort. We're looking for passionate people to help us reinvent how the music industry interacts with their hearing! The role will be a key contributor to the look and feel of the launching product. The position could turn into a full-time/paid role depending on the success of the candidate.
- Develop branding/style guide: general graphics, colors, fonts, marketing materials, etc.
- Collaborate with founders to refine the look and feel
- Contribute design work across the website, print, infographics and the actual platform interface
There will be lots of opportunity to help out with design, product development, and iOS application development, as well!
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for internship and be enrolled in your sophomore, junior or senior year at an accredited college or university.
Please include a pdf version or link to your portfolio with your application!
- Access to the 1871 workspace and connections
- Opportunity to attend lots of awesome tech events, chat with mentors, and be a part of demo day where we'll be pitching to 100's of people including reps from Google, Microsoft, Motorola and Venture Capital firms across the city.
- The chance to come with founders to work events such as backstage to music festivals, concerts, recording studios, etc.