Head of Engineering - Orderve
Orderve is a start-up that is building go-to marketplace for specialty food procurement by connecting food vendors with buyers on our trusted, user-centric and frictionless platform. We are challenging the legacy food service business model with an e-commerce marketplace platform that will connect chefs with vendors small and large. While supported by a well-established food service company and Relish Works, Inc., an innovation hub, we operate as an independent start-up focused on solving specific user-centered problems around buying and selling food.
We are a looking for hard workers with diverse talents, ready to collaborate and roll up their sleeves to get the job done. We have a lot to do in a short amount of time and believe that trust, communication and flexibility allow all of us to accomplish the most, and still value life outside of work.
The Head of Engineering is a senior role will be a key player in Orderve’s overall success by establishing the foundation and vision for the overall tech stack/architecture. This includes owning the platform that has been built and working closely with the product team to define the roadmap, and build a platform that maximize performance, scalability and reliability. This will include working with the our outside development agency as you are building out a talented and driven in-house engineering team to take the product from beta to its true growth potential.
You will need to have considerable experience as a full stack developer using PHP and Magento with professional experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and database development working with Magento 2.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree
- Experience in Magento Cloud
- 4+ full stack developer using PHP and Magento
- 4+ years working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- 2+ years building and/or managing a development team.
- 2+ years experience implementing third-party connections via API.
- Worked with Marketplace technology and experience building consumer-facing e-commerce sites.
- Strong business acumen, creative problem solving skills, critical thinker with high attention to detail
- Experience in vendor management and working with remote teams
- Deep working knowledge of common Magento hosting options and requirements
- Experience with web analytics tools
- Experience in a start-up environment and/or the food service industry
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription insurance
- Vacation, personal, and sick time- 4 weeks
- Generous 401(k) matching program and retirement plan
- Flexible spending
- Employee assistance programs
- Company-sponsored life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Wellness program
- Short-term disability
- Supplemental long-term disability
- Cell phone reimbursement - $100
- Gym reimbursement - $80