Corporate Enagement Manager - Common Threads
Common Threads is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is national in scope but has local footprints in each of our fourteen major program locations. Common Threads is dedicated to bringing health and wellness to children, families and communities through cooking and nutrition education. We integrate our preventative health programs into school districts and community organizations to help combat the rising number of diet-related diseases and cultivate a culture that embraces a healthier lifestyle and celebrates diversity through food. We envision a community of learners that embraces healthy cooking, healthy eating and healthy living as both a life choice and a human right. Common Threads is committed to making nutrition and cooking education programs an integral part of childhood education for all.
Corporate Engagement Manager: Position Overview
Common Threads (CT) is seeking a highly motivated Corporate Engagement Manager to effectively solicit and retain individual and corporate investments in Common Threads through management of a corporate prospect and funder portfolio. You will engage in prospect research and outreach, and will cultivate new and deepen existing relationships with corporate supporters, including overseeing corporate employee volunteer engagement and earning gifts for programs and events across Common Threads’ markets. This entrepreneurial ‘A-player’ will be an integral part of Common Threads’ national Development Team, reports to the VP of Development, and also will work closely with Common Threads’ Program Managers who implement our work on the ground in 12 U.S. markets, as well as with the VP of Strategic Partnerships and the Development Director. This position is sought in either Austin, TX (the site of our national headquarters); Los Angeles, CA; or Chicago, IL. Position should have access to a car and should be comfortable working with and reporting to colleagues remotely. Common Threads offers flexible scheduling when possible, a supportive collegial environment, and tremendous opportunity for a rising development star.
- Manage the identification, cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship of a portfolio of new and existing corporate partners. Work with VP of Development, VP of Strategic Partnerships, and Director of Development to meet annual goal for corporate and event revenue
- Conduct in-depth prospect research and assist Director of Development in stocking annual pipeline with viable corporate funding opportunities for all target markets (currently Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles, Washington DC, New York City, Austin, Pittsburgh, Dallas/ Ft. Worth, El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas)
- Contribute to constituent database: Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of corporate information, including contacts, deadlines for all application materials and reports, and key recognition and outreach activities
- Provide corporate partners with support to engage their employees year round through successful giving campaigns, calls to action, and volunteer opportunities.
- Work with Programs team to integrate employee volunteerism priorities into Common Threads community activities
- Seek out new and innovative ways to develop revenue streams with existing and new corporate partners, including through event sponsorships and corporate gifts for specific CT activations
- Articulate the mission and activities of Common Threads to diverse corporate and community audiences through group presentations and individual conversations, as well as in proposals or written requests
- Build meaningful relationships with corporate partners, individual donors, volunteers, and advocate and seek increased funding commitments
- Prepare Leadership Team members and Program Managers for cultivation, solicitation, and/or stewardship conversations/ activations as needed
- Work with Communications colleagues to integrate partners benefits where needed into Comms campaigns and assets
- Respond to donor questions and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Organize and execute special projects that support the greater Development team as appropriate
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions of this role and are not an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
- B.A. required
- Three + years of experience in managing funder relationships
- Demonstrated experience with project and account management
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including facility manipulating Office/Windows and Google/other web-based donor management platforms, as well as basic composition and design programs including PowerPoint and/or InDesign
- Demonstrated experience earning new funding
- Experienced relationship manager, with demonstrated past responsibility for externally-facing partnerships or stakeholders
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Experience and/or high comfort level working virtually with internal and external team members
- A commitment to the mission and values of Common Threads