Senior Business Analyst - Oars + Alps
Oars + Alps is a startup disrupting the growing industry of men’s grooming! We are an e-commerce CPG company that delivers natural high-end quality skincare. We are a lean team and are looking for passionate folks to join us on this exhilarating ride! Oars + Alps is fast-paced, and requires someone who is scrappy, detail-oriented, and ready to hit the ground running. Join us on this exhilarating ride!
About the role
You have experienced rapid growth in the past few years and are looking for a scrappy, entrepreneurial minded business leader to lead analytics and financial management. The Sr Analyst has a high level of intellectual curiosity powered by technical and analytical skills.
Position will sit in West Loop, Chicago.
- Demand planning reporting to aid in continuous improvements of forecast accuracy and optimize inventory levels allowing for customer, digital, acquisition, member strategy, and operational needs to be met.
- Lead bi-monthly cross-functional forecast consensus discussions and inputs into the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for all sales channels.
- Supervise remotely our 3PL to ensure SLAs are met and constantly working to ensure we are aligned with the best capabilities and processes to enable success.
- Place timely POs to ensure healthy levels of inventory and efficiently manage bulk ingredients storage.
- Collaborate with key partners to identify opportunities and improve business results and model out scenarios.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process to ensure payment is timely and accurate.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Financials and provide detailed commentary on variances against Plan and Historical.
- Work closely with accountant to ensure POs are correctly tracked.
- Assist in ad-hoc company initiatives as needed (i.e. recruiting, pop-ups, e-commerce troubleshooting). Report on Operation KPIs monthly and quarterly to team timely.
- +3 years of experience in Consulting, Finance, Analytics, Accounting, or similar role
- Strong proficiency with Excel and databases required, SQL and Tableau a plus
- Foundational knowledge of e-commerce KPIs strongly preferred but not required
- Sharp critical thinking skills, including problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability
- Flexible team player who is looking to thrive in a fast-growing and often-times uncertain environment
- A “get it done” attitude and approach to the job
- Strong work ethic and track record of high productivity Passionate about Oars + Alps.
- Oars + Alps is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.