Program Coordinator - iCOOK
Position: Program Coordinator (Full-Time)
Location: 4117 W Lawrence Avenue, Chicago, IL 60630
iCOOK is an innovative educational company that provides a really fun, hands-on after-school cooking and nutrition education program for children age K-4. The focus of the program is to enrich the lives of children by teaching them to love everything about food – cooking, eating delicious and healthful dishes, and learning about different cultures and stories behind the food.
We are looking for people who will share our passion for education, food, and, most importantly, making a difference in lives of our little chefs. If you are driven, reliable, organized, resourceful, and committed to enriching lives of children and inspired to help them develop a long-lasting love for food, healthy and balanced life style and adventurous taste, join our team today! This is an amazing opportunity to have a job that makes an impact on children’s lives every day while being a part of supportive and committed team!
What your day with iCOOK will look like:
- Oversee a team of iCOOK Instructors.
- Manage compliance of your team of instructors with our specific policies and procedures as it relates to delivering curriculum; provide training and feedback on performance, as needed.
- Communicate with assigned schools regarding scheduling of our programs and other related issues.
- Develop strong relationships with school administration, parents and instructors on your team.
- Promote and market our program by participating in schools assembles, open-door days, market research, database development, cold calls, email and social media campaigns.
- Answer and direct phone calls from parents, schools administrators, etc., and address their questions, concerns, feedback.
- Train new staff, develop training and new hire materials. Run in-person on on-site staff trainings.
- Research and develop curriculum, including both recipes and lesson plans.
- Manage inventory and supplies; grocery planning and buying, of food prep and delivery staff.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To apply, please submit your resume and letter of interest to
[email protected] iCookAfterSchool.com
For more information, please visit www.iCookAfterSchool.com or call 773-706-2057, Olga Davis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
What we are looking for:
- Passion for our mission and commitment to inspire love for healthy living and food in children. Experience working with elementary children required.
- Highly organized and reliable individual who can work well independently and be a part of a dynamic team.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills, including over the phone and in-person.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with parents, schools and other members of the team.
- Energetic and self-driven individual.
- Access and use of personal vehicle
- Light Travel
- Occasional nights and weekends
Why Work for iCOOK:
- Chance to enrich lives of children through helping them to develop healthy relationship with food and life-long passion for cooking healthy dishes; make a positive impact on your community.
- Mix of office and on-site work, depending on the day. Many opportunies to teaching classes and work directly with kids.
- Be a part of a dynamic, supportive and dedicated team passionate about learning, developing new skills and building an organizing driven by social mission.
- Grow and learn together with us. iCOOK is a fast-growing organization and you can be a part of it. Gain hands-on experience in all departments of small business. Your opinion will be heard and will matter!
- Benefits include sick/personal time, medical