Sr. Front End Engineer - FreightFriend
FreightFriend is disrupting the current freight procurement landscape by focusing on enhancing relationships, in contrast with a freight technology landscape pursuing “uber”-ization. FreightFriend provides companies that value carrier relationships a centralized sourcing platform and collaborative freight and capacity exchange. Through machine learning and predictive analytics, FreightFriend matches the right carriers to the right freight at the speed the market requires. The Founder and CEO has been a pioneer and innovator in the logistics industry for over 35 years.
About The Role
FreightFriend is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team who is passionate about emerging tech. We are seeking someone with advanced web development experience as well as exposure to mobile application development. You will be given the opportunity to innovate using the latest technology trends.
What You Will Be Doing
- Building enterprise web and mobile applications
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Partnering with top notch designers to create award winning user experiences.
- Participating in design and code reviews to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
- Documenting and following best practices and recommending best practices around source control, deployment, and issue tracking.
- Providing mentorship to junior engineers while also being mentored by more experienced. engineers and architects to foster your career path and growth.
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware and open source technology stacks.
- Flexible work environment – at home, or in office, with collaboration through Zoom etc
- Testing to make sure your code is tested and adheres to Product Manager’s standard.
- Experience with full stack and front end development including technologies like: React/Angular, HTTP, GraphQL, Node.js, .NET or Java.
- Experience in React Development as well as Knowledge with React Native is desired.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Engineering or MIS/IT major preferred).
- Team player - care about those around you and excited to share knowledge with your peers.
- Experience working with third-party API's, and design GraphQL API’s as needed.
- Sufficient experience with backend to support full-stack when required.