Lead Full-Stack Developer - My Art Cache
DescriptionThe Lead Developer will report to the Founder & CEO of My Art Cache.
My Art Cache is a venture funded online platform for art professionals to buy and sell artwork. We started the business out of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business in 2018 with a mission to put More Art on Walls. Our team won the Rattan L. Khosa First-Place Prize at the Edward L. Kaplan, ‘71, New Venture Challenge, the top university accelerator program in the world, and was awarded the largest prize in program history.
Haven’t heard about us? Read about our story on our Press Page or in American Inno, Polsky Center, WGN Radio, and UChicago News.
Great news – we are hiring! We are looking for a Lead Developer to help us scale our business as our customer base is growing. My Art Cache is an artsy, inquisitive, and innovative team that is excited to grow. We are constantly learning and iterating ourselves and our product – and we are looking for the same from our Lead Developer. Like many roles at My Art Cache and in many other startups, the Lead Developer role is constantly evolving, and this individual will have the opportunity to shape the development team and potentially take on leadership roles more quickly as a result.
The Lead Developer will manage our platform by delegating responsibilities among the team of current and future developers, designers, database engineers, and interns. The Lead Developer will be migrating our current platform over to an AWS hosted web application (back and front end), hiring and managing a team of developers, and defining our product roadmap. The Lead Developer will have the opportunity to advance quickly in our growing organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building a web application and back end from the ground up in AWS. This also includes ensuring that the current platform is fuly operational during the new build.
- Managing and maintaining the security of the platform (hosted on Bubble)
- Managing and designing build of mobile app
- Hiring and managing all technology related staff and interns
- Defining and iterating on product roadmap. This also includes acting as a product manager by working with customers and c-suite to define product roadmap based on client needs.
- Representing the business with investors, customers, and advisors
Sample Metrics Include:
- Customer acquisition (e.g. web traffic, SEO)
- Customer adoption and engagement (e.g. increase MAU)
- Customer retention and upsell
- Increasing transaction frequency
- Hitting milestones for new feature development
- Improve customer satisfaction score
My Art Cache is HQ in Chicago, IL; however, location is negotiable. This position may require relocation to New York City within 6-12 months.
- 5-8 years of software development experience and team management experience
- Experience using, managing, and building in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience building a web platform
- Experience building mobile apps and mobile responsive sites
- Full-Stack development
- Experience creating a culture within a group of developers
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Art gallery, art auction, art dealer experience, and/or art history knowledge
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Experience interviewing and hiring a group of developers
- Computer science related-degree
- Product management experience
- Startup experience