Front-End Developer Intern - Blocklight
Blocklight, LLC is an e-commerce analytics startup that will revolutionize the way that small-to-medium size e- businesses run their operations. The first phase of our business is focused on creating the Blocklight Analytics Platform (BAP) to help e-commerce businesses/SMB’s manage their operations and grow their brands with intelligent, affordable tools. The BAP is an all-in-one analytics hub that provides users with highly customizable dashboards, informative business metrics, and tools.
We are based out of the Chicago tech incubator 1871, where the candidate would be exposed to an incredible professional network, incubator resources, and our unique project that could lead to a full-time opportunity, bonuses, or a position with the team. In addition, Blocklight has completed Unbank.Ventures’ Incubator program which brings together emerging technology, top tier technologists/founders and financial institutions to create and commercialize the bank of the future. We were one of only 10 companies globally that was selected to join this prestigious program.
- Contribute to the design, development, and scaling of Django-based web application
- Build and maintain front-end dashboards, metrics, widgets, navigation elements, and all other front-end components of our software.
- Assist building and maintaining data transmission and communication pipelines between our front-end analytics dashboards and back-end databases.
- Assist development team in all aspects of product development as relates to front-end components/elements.
- Use a variety of programming languages in order to create user-friendly web pages.
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as back-end developers and web designers.
- Maintain and improve company website
- Build high-quality mockups and design different prototypes
- Provide high-quality graphics and visual elements
- Optimize our web applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Web Design
- Existing experience as a Front-end Developer
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skillsM
- Meticulous attention to detail