Weekends (Remote) Procurement and Delivery (Supplies/Groceries) - iCook
iCook is an innovative educational company that provides a fun and hands-on after-school cooking and nutrition education program for children age K-4. The focus of the program is to enrich the lives of children by teaching them to love everything about food – cooking, eating delicious and healthful dishes, and learning about different cultures and stories behind the food.
We are looking for an individual experienced in food-prep to purchase groceries and supplies in bulk, package food for individual cooking classes, based on the ingredient and allergy lists provided, and deliver food to instructors.
Shopping, sorting and delivery is done over the weekend. Must be available on the weekends and have a reliable transportation.
- Procure ingredients for cooking classes in bulk, based on grocery list provided
- Consider cost, food waste, storage, etc. for bulk items.
- Check for food allergies and maintain an allergen-free environment. iCook is entirely peanut and tree-nut free. We will provide allergy information on a weekly basis.
- Sort and package perishable and non-perishable groceries by class and prepare them for pick-up.
- Maintain a food-safe working environment at all times. Remember, you will be sorting food at your home.
- Previous food prep and food packaging experience is desired.
- Knowledge of allergy and food handling safety.
- Must have access to reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Punctual, reliable, and resourceful.
Please note that this job is about 8-16 hours per week total. All work will be done over the weekend. The hours are flexible and you can work from the convenience of your house.
Please visit www.iCookAfterSchool.com for more information, or call us at 773-283-7037
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 /hour
We pay $16 per hour.