Business Operations Associate - My Art Cache
The Business Operations Associate will report to the Founder & CEO of My Art Cache.Company Overview
My Art Cache is a venture funded online platform for art professionals to buy and sell artwork. We started the business out of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business with a mission to put More Art on Walls. Our team won the Rattan L. Khosa First-Place Prize at the Edward L. Kaplan, ‘71, New Venture Challenge, the top university accelerator program in the world, and was awarded the largest prize in program history.
Haven’t heard about us? Read about our story on our Press Page or in American Inno, Polsky Center, WGN Radio, and UChicago News.
Great news – we are hiring! Our team is expanding, and we are looking for a Business v Associate to help us scale our business. My Art Cache is an artsy, inquisitive, and innovative team that is excited to grow. We are constantly learning and iterating ourselves and our product – and we are looking for the same from our Business Operations Associate. Like many roles at My Art Cache and in many other startups, the Business Operations Associate role is constantly evolving. This individual will have the opportunity to shape the trajectory of the business as a whole.
The Business Operations Associate will make sure that the business operates efficiently. This individual will have the opportunity to experience every aspect of the business from marketing and sales to HR and operations to finance and legal. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to experience a range of different business functions. You will have a birds eye view into the life of the CEO of Chicago’s Hottest Art Startup. This person will tackle the most critical c-suite level challenges including investment due-diligence and strategic hiring. This role is critical to the team’s success – when the Business Operations Associate is doing their job right, the office runs smoothly and the team is focusing on driving growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responding to requests from potential clients, current / future investors, and potential employees
- Financial reporting and tracking KPI’s
- Initiating all hiring efforts including screening resumes and interviewing candidates
- Developing marketing collateral and relationships with press outlets, including acting as liaison with Polsky Center
- Communicating with investors, customers, and c-suite on executive-level matters
- Coordinating appointments, meetings, and staff calendars
- A qualified Business Operations Associate will have the opportunity to manage a small team of interns dedicated to business operations
Downtown Chicago (Loop)
Applicants must have full legal ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity: My Art Cache celebrates diversity and inclusion!
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Preferred Majors: Business, Finance, Marketing, or Operations
- Other majors will be considered with ability to demonstrate business acumen and proficiency with Excel / financial analysis
- Work experience at a startup or in a high pressure environment (internship experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Excellent Excel skills and high proficiency in G Suite, Word, and PowerPoint
- Highly proactive and Self-Starter
- Innovative and creative, with an appetite for learning and growing
- Great communication skills
- Incredibly professional, high level of integrity, and able to handle highly confidential information discreetly
- Interest and/or experience in the art world including Art History majors, experience working in galleries / with dealers, auction house experience
- Experience working at startups or in consulting, marketing, investment banking