Account Manager, Content Marketing - Digital Authority Partners
DAP is looking for an Account Manager, Content Marketing to serve as the lead account manager for our Content Marketing accounts. This person will be responsible for directly interfacing with clients, and working with them to meet their content marketing, SEO and growth objectives.
The ideal candidate is comfortable creating content across technical subject matters (healthcare, finance, tech), is an excellent writer, editor and storyteller, and is skilled at both project management and account management.
The person chosen for this position will have the opportunity to move up in seniority as key objectives are met and/or exceeded.
Eventually, the goal is for you to oversee the creation of all content strategy deliverables (content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, style guides, content migration plans, etc.) across our clients’ project lifecycles -- and, as we continue to grow our content team, mentor more junior members of the team. It’s a great opportunity for a skilled, ambitious content strategist.
Must live in or be willing to relocate to Chicago.
What you’ll be doing initially:
- Serve as the lead for a key B2B client’s content marketing goals;
- Serve as the lead for one or two B2C accounts;
- Help refine content strategy sales decks, strategy decks, reporting documentation
Digital Authority Partners (DAP) is an integrated digital agency with five core competencies: AI & Emerging Technologies, Voice, Digital Product Development, Data Analytics, and Digital Marketing.
Through each of our core competencies, we strive to give organizations the tools and expertise they need to evolve, compete and grow in a rapidly changing world -- a world where technology drives change, but where deep understanding and connection remain more important than ever.
We are a client-first agency, focusing on long term, foundational solutions rather than short term, low impact projects. Our values of purpose, excellence and transparency not only drive our client relationships, but our culture.
We are a growing agency, and are looking for the right person to become an important part of our team!
- Excellent writer, editor, storyteller - knows copywriting, and best practices for creating short form and long form content (including white papers/ebooks and infographics);
- Knowledge of general SEO best practices and experience with at least one major platform (Moz, Ahrefs, etc.);
- Ability to quickly grasp new subjects. We work with clients in more technical areas (software, healthcare, finance) and need someone who is comfortable learning about/working in these subjects. Ability to work with client subject matter experts (SMEs);
- Account management: excellent client communication and follow through; reliable and dependable -- delivers on time consistently, and identifies and communicates issues before they become problems;
- Project management: ability to plan / juggle several deadlines and projects at once, while working with freelancers, graphic & UX designers; ability to prioritize key deliverables;
- Highly organized with strong time management skills;
- Can easily work with/manage both in-house and freelance writers, editors and designers;
- Strategic: Helps devise appropriate content strategy for clients; creates corresponding content calendar and monthly reporting documentation;
- At least 1-2 years of account management (via sales, agency work, etc.);
- At least 2 years of content strategy work and training;
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics & heat mapping tools;
- Must be proactive, able to navigate ambiguity, and possess a “can-do” attitude
- Social media experience;
- Prior experience gathering business requirements and translating them into results-oriented content experiences;
- Comfortable providing business development support for sales opportunities to drive agency growth in Content Marketing;
- Experience pitching various web platforms for client guest postings;
- UX experience;
- Video scripting experience;
- 3-5 years content strategy experience, in either an agency or in-house team
- 401(k) matching
- Excellent health coverage
- Flexible work from home policy
- Unlimited vacation