Full-Stack Developer - My Art Cache
This individual will report to the Founder & CEO of My Art Cache.
My Art Cache is a venture funded online platform for art professionals to buy and sell artwork. We started the business out of the University of Chicago Booth School of Business with a mission to put More Art on Walls. Our team won the Rattan L. Khosa First-Place Prize at the Edward L. Kaplan, ‘71, New Venture Challenge, the top university accelerator program in the world, and was awarded the largest prize in program history.
Haven’t heard about us? Read about our story on our Press Page or in American Inno, Polsky Center, WGN Radio, and UChicago News.
Great news – we are hiring! We are looking for an eager developer to help us scale our business as our customer base is growing. My Art Cache is an artsy, inquisitive, and innovative team that is excited to grow. We are constantly learning and iterating ourselves and our product – and we are looking for the same from our developers. Like many roles at My Art Cache and in many other startups, the Developer role is constantly evolving, and individuals who perform well will potentially have the opportunity to take on leadership roles in the future.
This individual work alongside a designers, consultants, database engineers, and software development interns to manage our current platform, migrate this platform to an AWS-hosted web application (back and front end), and define our product roadmap.
Responsibilities and Duties
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building a web application and back end from the ground up in AWS. This also includes ensuring that the current platform is fully-operational during the new build.
- Managing and maintaining the security of the platform
- Managing and designing build of mobile app
- Defining and iterating on our product roadmap with our C-suite
- Representing the business with investors, customers, and advisors
- Sample Metrics Include:
- Customer acquisition (e.g. web traffic, SEO)
- Customer adoption and engagement (e.g. increase MAU)
- Customer retention and upsell
- Increasing transaction frequency
- Hitting milestones for new feature development
- Improve customer satisfaction score
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of full time full-stack software development experience
- Experience using, managing, and building in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience building a web platform using modern dev
- Experience building mobile apps and mobile responsive sites
- Interest in art
- Player / Coaches who have been “informal leaders” while holding a full-time programming job
- Computer science related-degree
- Product management experience
- Startup experience
Location: Downtown Chicago (Loop)
Interested? Please send your resume, your Github, a few sentences about you, and what excites you about My Art Cache to [email protected] with the subject line: “Full-Stack Developer Inquiry”. Please also indicate where you saw our posting.
Equal Opportunity: My Art Cache celebrates diversity and inclusion!