iOS Developer Intern - Prairy
Prairy is a pre-launch startup whose mission is to keep people in touch with local conversation by creating a “group-chat” like feed with your city/neighborhood. The current team includes Salvador Dueñas (UI/UX) & Jonathan Morton (Backend & Android) & is based out of 1871 Chicago & Polsky Exchange. We are looking for an entry level iOS intern to begin work on our iOS application.
Job Description/ Why We’re Hiring:
We’re looking for an iOS developer who will take a key role on our team. Our iOS developer will be responsible for the development of mobile applications for iOS devices.
You’ll be working alongside other engineers and designers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our mobile app.
iOS Developer Skills and Expertise:
- Design and build applications for Apple devices on the iOS platform.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Be proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, as well as offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Must be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Android framework, and/or Spring Boot is a plus
- Knowledge of Kotlin Multiplatform is a huge plus
Position Level: Intern*
*This role is intended for individuals new to iOS, more experienced developers are still welcome to apply and compensation can be adjusted.