Actuarial/Data Analytics Intern Summer 2020 - KYROS
KYROS provides sophisticated predictive analytics solutions that help our clients maximize the financial performance of their loyalty program. Our proprietary tools turn customer insight into financial returns, helping our clients manage program liability, uncover new opportunities to target high value and high potential members, and empower our clients to make better and faster decisions that drive long-term customer loyalty and grow the bottom line.
ABOUT THE ROLE
KYROS is a lean, fast-paced organization with an entrepreneurial passion, and we’re looking to add to our rapidly growing team. KYROS is looking for energetic, self-motivated individuals who are ready to thrive in a dynamic startup environment with a culture to always improve.
You'll gain hands-on experience working with modern big data technologies, such Apache Spark and Databricks, developing predictive models on trillions of data points using Pyspark and Python, and delivering valuable data-driven insights using dashboarding and visualization tools in Power BI. As part of an industry-leading team, you'll help empower clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions.
This is a full-time, paid internship. Housing is not provided.
- The internship is for Summer 2020 and can be located in either Chicago, IL or Boston, MA
- Intern must be available for 3-4 months
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Compile, cleanse, and summarize data from massive datasets using PySpark and Python on Databricks
- Support code refactoring to improve the design of the existing code base and to optimize performance at scale
- Support modeling efforts through developing predictive models, building tools and analyses that generate data-driven insights, and researching various machine learning models and algorithms
- Prepare reporting dashboards using visualization tools, such as Power BI
- Support ongoing client projects
- An undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science or other analytical majors with an expected graduation in 2021
- If pursuing an actuarial designation, has completed at least 2 actuarial exams
- Solid experience with Python
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, to name a few)
- Comfortable performing in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Ability to analyze and apply creative problem solving both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passion to learn
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
BONUS POINTS FOR CANDIDATES WITH
- Ability to take complex, technical ideas and distill them into simple and intuitive code
- Fluency in Python
- Experience with Apache Spark, Databricks or Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with manipulating big data and using machine learning algorithms
- Experience in data visualization
- Published apps, websites, or open source libraries (feel free to include with application)