Sales & Operations Associate - Spotivity
The audacious goal of spotivity is empower an entire teen demographic to make better decisions that positively influence their entire life. Founded by Montana Butsch, Spotivity is a double-sided marketplace that not only supports after school programs to increase enrollment and participation rates but also enables kids and their parents to make the best decisions about how to use time outside of school hours by providing a dynamic and interactive search, mapping, and education tool. This revolutionary app addresses the constant pain point that is finding meaningful engagement opportunities for teens outside of school.
- Looking to get involved on the ground level of an innovative and socially impactful start-up with high growth potential?
- Yearn for an opportunity to work with a team of forward thinking professionals in a collaborative, positive, and supportive culture?
- Want your entrepreneurial spirit and vision to be rewarded with your success fueling opportunities for advancement?
- Looking to enter at the ground level of an emerging digital startup and ride the wave of the startup lifecycle?
If so, then:
We are looking for an energetic, thoughtful and engaged individual that has an overwhelming passion for helping teens and families via innovative opportunities and operates best when given autonomy and ownership of tasks. The hire must have a keen interest in marketing, has demonstrated the creation and implementation of organization processes, has an ability to thrive in ambiguity with an entrepreneurial mind-set, and does not require micro-management to address tasks. Hire will have a demonstrated track record of work execution and a history of driving towards new opportunities. To support the right fit we require a strengths’ assessment to ensure that the hire has the required maturity and emotional intelligence to adapt to different constituents, fit with our varied team, and be value-add as we look to gap-fill the needs of our emerging organization.
The Spotivity app is currently in Beta and, as such, we need to prove out revenue streams, gain market share, and drive user engagement. To address these areas we need to organize, formalize, and execute a sales strategy for the over 650 agencies currently found on the platform. We require a self-starting individual that can set and reach attainable goals in agency acquisitions, keep connected agency churn rate low, and can build and manage a volunteer-based street team. This role is one that is highly focused on the customer and, as such, success is measured on declarative deliverables being met and exceeded. We have broken up the work into three different categories and the hire will be overseen by two managers - Montana Butsch and Jason Randolf.
Tiered Focus of Responsibilities of the role:
This role is to serve as both A) energize and accelerate the growth of the spotivity app and B) engage with, learn, and execute various operational activities. Specifics include:
- Marketing Engagement / Customer Acquisition
- Assist in Brand Strategy
- Lead the Street Team
- Motivated self-starter who is positive, high-energy, and driven with a proven ability to move things forward efficiently and effectively with minimal direction
- Must be comfortable with the learning curve/constant change that comes with operating in a fast-moving, ever-changing world of a startup
- Believer of customer development and lean startup principles
- Proven track record as a growth leader or a similarly relevant role
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to transition seamlessly from strategic level vision to day-to-day operations
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- marketing and sales background (at least 6 months experience making high volume cold calls each day)
- use of insights to inform effective marketing strategies
- cross- functional team leadership and influencing skills
- leadership attributes to constructively engage stakeholders and resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of the broad base of external customers
- 1+ year experience in Technical sales & customer success leadership experience
- 1+ year experience in at least some of the following areas (willing to train in areas to fill gaps):
- Google Analytics
- Social Media tools: Meet Edgar, Convert Kit, Twillio, and others
- Comfortable in spreadsheets and doing analysis
- We operate on G-Suite (Gmail, G-Drive, Sheets, Presentations, Calendar, Drawings, etc); experience using G-Suite is a plus. At a minimum, must be adept at Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Dedicated hours to be spent at Downtown office of Neuro-Activate while the remainder of time will be either mobile or at a dedicated home office - much have access to high-speed internet and phone. This is not a job that can be done at a coffee shop or while traveling (additional required equipment will be provided).
- Must be local to Chicago area
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Structure, Contract Amount, and Benefit Plan
- Abilty to start at the ground level with an emerging tech startup!
- A voice that matters - be influenctial and strategic right out of the gate.
- $50,000 contracted role (1099)
- Monthly stipends for phone/internet/and extended travel
- Equity Stake / Bonus Structure in a funded early-stage startup poised for exponential growth (as mutually agreed with appropriate guidelines and targets)
- Business Casual Dress Code
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thin Edge Consulting focuses on Strategic Initiatives that create opportunities for outreach enterprises in intrepid and thoughtful ways. TEC is the contracted consultancy that provides management of the spotivity app.
Neuro-Active builds customized brand strategies and marketing plans deliver solutions that have the greatest impact on growth and a clear return on investment. NA is the marketing consultancy that provides data driven marketing experience to the spotivity app.
Information on spotivity can be found below:
Tasty Trade Interview
Built In Chicago