Engineering Lead - LifeWeb
About LifeWeb: We keep memories alive. Our social lives have moved online, but when someone passes away the tools to remember and celebrate that person in an authentic way are nowhere to be found. At LifeWeb, we are building modern memorials that don’t remind you that your person died, they remind you how they lived. Think of a multimedia scrapbook made by all the people that knew the person in a different way. We make it super easy to collect photos, videos, and stories from this community, then curate the memories to capture the essence of the person that has passed away.
We are an early stage startup with a growing customer base that we are continuously learning from. We have momentum, boosted by our acceptance into the WiSTEM accelerator program run out of 1871 in Chicago. Check out our website and prototype for more details.
Who we are: We’re a small team with backgrounds in design and architecture, management consulting, and full stack development. 2 gals and 1 guy with an awesome beard. We’re passionate about making it easy for communities to remember their loved ones with positivity and authenticity. And, we have way more fun than you’d think for a startup focused on death :)
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be responsible for managing back-end operations of the site and would be continuously developing/exploring new technology applications.
- You’ll design and implement a scalable, flexible updated version of our MVP based on the latest user feedback.
- What we’re looking for: An engineering lead excited to build something from the ground up.
- Full stack engineering experience, specifically with SQL, Python || Java, and React, is a must.
- Familiarity with user analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, and UI/UX design principles is a plus.
- You are adaptable, scrappy, and can translate the bigger vision into the steps it will take to get there.
- Our team works out of Chicago so we’d love it if you do too, but remote applicants are also welcome. This is a full-time position.
What you’ll get: Responsibility for our tech stack and informational architecture, the ability to help hire your own dev team as LifeWeb grows, founder’s equity, and a sizable living stipend.
Interested parties should contact co-founder/CEO Ali Briggs, [email protected]