Cybersecurity Instructor (Part-Time) - Evolve Security Academy
About Evolve Security Academy
Evolve Security Academy is a Cybersecurity Security Bootcamp that provides in-person and online immersive training, giving students the concrete and practical skills they will actually need on the job. Students gain real work experience through the live security assessment work they perform on not-for-profit companies. With over 238,000 unfilled cyber security jobs in the U.S. and 1,000,000 globally, our primary focus is on creating top-tier cyber security talent and placing them into a high-paying job.
Cybersecurity Instructor (Part-Time)Evolve Security is looking for a part time Cybersecurity Instructor to join our team for our in-person bootcamp located in Chicago!
What will you be doing?
We are building out our pool of Evolve Security Academy instructors and looking for security professionals passionate about training new security talent. Share your knowledge and expertise with individuals passionate about entering the cyber security field.
PRO In-Person Bootcamp:
• Location: Chicago, IL in the Merchandise Mart at 1871
• Time commitment: Classes meet Monday - Thursday from 6pm - 9pm CST and every other Saturday from 10am - 3pm (~15 hours per week)
Instructors lead discussions, provide analysis of security concepts, facilitate hands-on labs, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students. Throughout the course, the lead instructor’s efforts are complemented by Evolve Security video modules and advisor support.
• The overall training and success of the student cohort
• Daily delivery and facilitation of of curriculum, instruction, reviews and labs
• Communicate advanced security concepts
• Enhance curriculum and labs
• Serve as a mentor to students
• Manage processes for effective student learning
Are you the right fit?• 4 or more years of information security experience
• Familiarity with hardening cloud environments such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with OWASP
• Proficiency in administering Linux and Windows servers
• In depth knowledge of offensive and defensive security capabilities
• Formal teaching or instruction experience
• Knowledge of hiring process for security analysts
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience working with enterprise security teams, commercial tools and open source security tools
• ISC2 CISSP certification
Why join us?
• Be a thought-leader in educating future cyber security talent
• Engage in a fast-paced and challenging environment with opportunity to grow your talents
• Competitive compensation
• Learn more: https://www.evolvesecurity.io/academy/home