Back-End Architect/Ruby Developer - Qooley
Qooley is a mobile app platform where travelers can book activities in any city available within the app, which are provided by knowledgeable and reviewed locals residing within the destination cities. Travelers can book activities ranging from adventure sports to sightseeing, and experience the destination from the perspective of the local. Qooley hopes to provide travelers with a platform to connect with locals, explore the local culture and customs with them, and form life-long bonds and relationships around the world, along with getting a travel experience catered around their needs. Qooley will be ready for launch in Summer 2018.
Qooley, LLC is looking for an experienced and passionate back-end Ruby On Rails developer. We are a travel-tech mobile app startup that is at the Beta-testing phase. We are looking to work with someone that is very excited and interested in our concept, and can envision a large growth potential for our platform. This role will be strictly a contract based role initially, but there is a potential for a long term full-time opportunity in the future. Candidates must be based in the US, and authorized to work in the US.
1) Architect back-end and get app ready for launch
2) Support app post Beta-testing and phase 1 launch
3) Work with front-end developer to integrate feedback from Beta-testing
4) Strategize and architect app for long term scalability and load
1) Highly experienced back-end architect (data modelling, data engineering)
2) Skilled back-end developer for both Android and IOS apps, including automated testing (Ruby On Rails, RSpec)
3) Mastery with API development and API integration (Services, API testing)
4) Experience with AWS hosting environment (EC2, S3, Web Hosting, Deployment)
5) Experienced with PostgreSQL, as well as knowledgeable with Big Data storage, Big Data Analytics, and App Scaling