CTO (Chief Technology Officer) - Qooley
Qooley is a mobile app platform where travelers can book activities in any city available within the app, which are provided by knowledgeable and reviewed locals residing within the destination cities. Travelers can book activities ranging from adventure sports to sightseeing, and experience the destination from the perspective of the local. Qooley hopes to provide travelers with a platform to connect with locals, explore the local culture and customs with them, and form life-long bonds and relationships around the world, along with getting a travel experience catered around their needs. Qooley will be ready for launch in Summer 2018.
About the role:
Qooley, LLC is looking to fill it's CTO position soon. We are a travel-tech mobile app startup that is launching within a few months. We are looking to work with someone who is very excited and interested in our platform, and can envision an enormous growth potential.
Candidates must be based in the US (ideally Chicago, IL area), and be authorized to work in the US.
Here are the job responsibilities:
1) Lead dev team through final stages of Phase 1 app development, and bug fixing and support through Beta Testing phase
2) Support app post-phase 1 launch, and assist in recruiting additional developer/s
3) Work with AI developer/s to integrate AI features into the app
4) Design growth and scaling strategy, and fully support team as technical lead through Series A funding round
5) Strategize Phase 2 development, and oversee/support Phase 2 development
1) Highly experienced mobile app developer (5+ years in the industry)
2) Both Android and IOS native app development experience preferred (Full Stack, Java, Swift)
3) Mastery with Ruby on Rails (Services, APIs, Back-End Architecture)
4) Experience with AWS hosting environment (EC2, S3, Web Hosting, Deployment)
5) Thorough knowledge of PostgreSQL, Data Modelling
6) Experience and passion for Data Science, Machine Learning, and Big Data Analytics
7) Experience with app scaling and app performance management preferred
Thanks for your interest in Qooley. Being an early stage startup, we are seeking to work with an individual who is not only talented and has the relevant experience, but is very passionate about our app concept.
The individual must be a professional mobile developer / back-end architect, who has the drive and ambition to take on the CTO role at a fast-paced technology company like Qooley.
Initially, this would be a contract based role with a modest salary, but after careful evaluation for the first few months, the current co-founders will decide on whether to invite the candidate as a full-time partner with equity, or not.
If you see a potential with our app concept and would like to grow with us, and we would love to see your application here, and discuss the role further.