iOS Engineer - Trala
Trala is building a violin learning app that teaches anyone how to play the violin. We have Juilliard-approved lessons powered by signal processing that listens to users play their real violins and gives instant feedback on every single mistake.
Our users are ages 7 to 70 and live in rural Montana, Syria, tiny Pacific islands, Hong Kong, and of course, Chicago. Yes, you can learn the world’s most difficult instrument via an app. Yes, we will teach you.
Here’s what we love:
- Making fun things for fun people
- Learning and sharing that learning
- Being experts in something important
We believe that we are not vessels for the company’s growth, but the company is a vessel for our growth. We believe that teaching the world to play music is incredibly important. If you’re nodding in agreement, read on, because we might become friends.
Trala is a rare startup:
- Our users are people, not businesses or the government.
- Our investors include the CEOs of LinkedIn and Duolingo.
- We’re part of Techstars Chicago: https://www.techstars.com/programs/chicago-program/
We are looking for a rare person who is:
- Passionate about development
- Used to gray areas/ambiguity/hot messes
- Ready to own your work
- Delighted to talk to users
You need to have some specific skills:
- iOS development (Swift)
- Strong CS proficiency
- Sam: Violinist and engineer. Mastermind behind Trala’s musical pedagogy. Uses words like ‘pedagogy’.
- Vish: Can code anything. Winner of 4 national hackathons. Has eaten a Death Sandwich and survived. The next Adam Smith.
- Lauren: Professional artist - not starving. Like Ram Dass and Frank Gehry combined. Has been compared to a ball of floating light.
- You: Shrouded in mystery (for now).
- You’ll be part of Techstars, the world’s most powerful entrepreneurial network. Use it how you may.
- Never eat lunch alone: Trala is a family. If the mob comes looking for you we will hide you in the ceiling.
- Work in downtown Chicago. Great working space, free coffee, etc., we’re a startup.
- Our mentors include VPs at Duolingo, Spotify, and Tinder. They will be your mentors, too.
You can have an easier life working at big companies like Allstate or SpotHero. To them, you are literally just flesh. To you, they are a paycheck and an occasional awkward holiday party and a whole lot of office politics.
Come build something real for real people!
Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor at this time.