Marketing & Communications Intern - AutoPair
AutoPair, Inc. is currently seeking a marketing and communications intern. Applicant should be enthusiastic, resourceful and genuinely interested in working in a technology ecommerce start-up with a nationwide footprint.
AutoPair, Inc. is an ecommerce platform designed to save consumers money on their automobile repairs while introducing new customers to automobile repair facilities and dealerships. AutoPair, Inc. is headquartered at 1871 at Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago. Intern duties will require the candidate to work out of the 1871 space on a part-time basis. Therefore, we would prefer to find a marketing and/or communication student from a local university.
(open) But, No less than 10 weeks. We will work around your class schedule.
This is a non-paid internship.
You will have learned the following after completion of the internship;
* How to create marketing materials, write and deliver public relations pieces, create, develop and implement internal process documents in a variety of platforms including Sharepoint and Salesforce
* How to use and navigate a Salesforce.com organization.
* How to use and navigate marketing automation software
* How to use and navigate a Joomla CMS.
* How to use and navigate the back end on Joomla CMS, directory and shopping cart
* How to write, produce and direct an explainer video.
* How to research, write and deliver blog content and then promote that content through various social media channels.
* How to create infographics, post them into landing pages and create the promotion around the piece.
* Configure, utilize and manage marketing automation software.
* Configuration of the blog and creating and writing weekly posts to the blog.
* Writing weekly PR releases and submitting those to the appropriate channels.
* Writing internal process and documentation as it pertains to marketing for company wiki and Sharepoint.
* Assist in the creative development of audio and video communication projects.
* Assist and manage AutoPair's social media channels creating, writing, posting, replying and developing input around processes directed at social media.
* Assist in copywriting, posting and populating the copy to the backend of the website.
* Assist in the creation of customer & prospect "journeys" through the use of our marketing software.
* Attend and participate in development and creative meetings.
* Attend and participate in company networking events and/or professional conferences. Some will be after normal working business hours.
* Organization of media resources.
* Complete weekly assigned "Trailheads" in Salesforce.
* Assist in administration of Salesforce environment.
* Administration of a marketing budget
We are open to receiving applications from those in the Marketing, Communications, and Technology areas of study. While prior experience is not necessary, previously experience in a marketing and communications role will help.
* This is a part-time intern position. Work schedule will be tailored around the intern's class schedule.
* Creative individual able to work with minimal supervision
* Strong IT skills a must
* Prefer a Junior or Senior student status.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
* Good attention to detail and accuracy
* Familiarity with social media channels and marketing methods on respective social media channels.
* Candidates should be comfortable and experienced in most Microsoft Office products.
* Candidates should be comfortable and experienced in Adobe creative products including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD & Spark
* Familiar with HTML
* Willingness to learn CMS (Content Management System) Joomla. Prior experience with a CMS is not necessary but would be preferred (i.e.- WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc)
* Willingness to learn Salesforce CRM
* Willingness to learn shopping cart software. Prior experience not necessary but experience using one of the following is preferred; Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, etc.
NOTE: Candidate will be expected to articulate a specific project they would be interested in initiating and completing for AutoPair. You will have the opportunity to work on this in your particular area of interest.