Marketing & Communications Intern - Digital Springboard
DescriptionDigital Springboard is currently seeking a marketing and communications intern. Applicant should be enthusiastic, resourceful and genuinely interested in working in a technology start-up with a nationwide footprint. Digital Springboard is an SaaS business designed to help brands turn everyday consumers into powerful brand advocates. Digital Springboard is currently headquartered at 1871 at Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago.
TIME FRAME: (open) But, No less than 10 weeks
COMPENSATION: This is a non-paid internship
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: You will have learned the following after completion of the internship:
- How to create marketing materials, write and deliver public relations pieces, create, develop and implement internal process documents in a variety of platforms.
- How to manage and publish consistent content
- How to use and navigate a crm
- How to write, produce and direct an explainer video
- Configuration of the blog and creating and writing weekly posts to the blog.
- Writing weekly PR releases and submitting those to the appropriate channels.
- Writing internal process and documentation as it pertains to marketing for company handbook.
- Assist in the creative development of audio and video communication projects.
- Assist and manage Digital Springboard's social media channels creating, writing, posting, replying and developing input around processes directed at social media.
- Assist in copywriting, posting and populating the copy to the backend of the website.
- Assist in the creation of customer & prospect "journeys" through the use of our marketing software.
- Attend and participate in development and creative meetings.
- Attend and participate in company networking events and/or professional conferences. Some will be after normal working business hours. (If local)
- Organization of media resources.
- This is a flexible intern position.
- Prefer a Junior or Senior student status.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, and ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with social media channels and marketing methods on respective social media channels.
- Prior experience not necessary but experience in marketing is preferred. NOTE: Candidate will be expected to articulate a specific project they would be interested in initiating and completing for Digital Springboard. You will have the opportunity to work on this in your particular area of interest.
We are open to receiving applications from all majors but preference is given to those in the Marketing, Communications, and Technology areas of study. While prior experience is not necessary, previously experience in a marketing and communications role will help.