Manager Client Services, Ad Operations - Chicago Sun-Times
The Chicago Sun-Times is a distinctly Chicago company that believes in the future of media and delivering relevant content in innovative ways to create value and connect with new and future media generations.
The Chicago Sun-Times sales team exists to supercharge our client relationships, using a consultative approach to truly understand their business, the challenges they face and fuel their growth objectives through creative solutions.
We are seeking a highly motivated, inventive manager to lead Client Services and Ad Tech Operations with a client first approach. In this role you will lead a team of Account Managers providing the highest level of strategic pre-sale planning (account planning/media planning) and post-sale (insights) customer support focused on driving client KPIs. You will also serve as the technical leader supporting ad sales with an expertise on display, mobile and video, advertising, including the systems, tools, and platforms used by the digital Ad Operations team. This role requires a high degree of customer focus, standards of communication, numerical analysis and multi-tasking.
You and your team will:
- Own pre- and post-sale operations support for the direct sales organization
- Own/utilize campaign data analytics and insights (i.e. best practices, historical performance data, case studies, analytics tools and client campaign history) to help build effective campaigns that will consistently exceed client goals:
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations, acting as a point of contact for existing customers both direct and via media agencies
- Recognize upsell opportunities; lead and influence clients to invest when opportunities arise
- Support sales throughout the sales process by being an active participant on client meetings, navigating and influencing clients’ personnel and complementing client objectives with creative solutions
- Work with ad operations, sales, and product development to:
- Uunderstand and gather technical requirements for ad products
- O, own ad tech specification documentation
- E, as well as educate, advocate & implement ad tech.
- Oversee ad serving for display, mobile, video, and native, data managementand various other third party digital platform, hes.
- Client facing: comfortable working in a client-facing role in a fast-paced environment with frequent pressure to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strategic: understand components of selling opportunities and be able to articulate at a client level
- Analytical thinker: digest data, make conclusions and recommendations
- Problem solver: doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer; takes charge and feels ownership
- Organized: ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands
- A great communicator: you have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable in engaging conversation with any level
- 4 – 5 years media experience in client-facing role
- High level of proficiency with DFP PremiumGoogle Ad Manager (formerly DFP), pixels, third party tags and other ad ops core technologies required.
- Familiarity with tools such as Google Analytics, DFP Audience, Google, AdExchange, DMPs, YieldX and Customer Data PlatformsCRMs and basic web development.
- BA or BS degree and/or equivalent in education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint or Keynoteand Excel, and Salesforce
- Technical aptitude: you’re not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn them
We operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment where everyone on the team is committed to the success and growth of the Chicago Sun-Times. Our culture is highly entrepreneurial and our success comes from our employees who voice their opinions and ideas to facilitate growth to our bottom line. We reward hard work, support career development, offer comprehensive benefits, and foster a fun and friendly work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.