VP, accentedge Digital - accentedge
Accentedge, a leading digital agency based in 1871 Chicago, http://www.accentedge.com, is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified VP, accentedge Digital who is results-oriented and able to bring innovative approaches to accentedge’a digital business line.
Reporting to the Founder & CEO, the VP, accentedge Digital is responsible for the delivery, management, and implementation of applications and solutions that support accentedge’s customers, employees, and business partners. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP, accentedge Digital is an influential role, making investment and priority trade-off decisions, negotiating and managing customer and vendor contracts, and recruiting and developing high performing teams.
The VP, accentedge Digital will provide vision and leadership to a team that includes full-time employees, plus contracted resources.
- Lead and inspire the digital team to engage with the customers and identify new functionality, develop compelling business cases, prioritize projects and develop plans that maximize return on investment for the company.
- Lead a team managing all aspects of digital solution and delivery across multiple functions, business units and business lines.
- Effectively initiate, plan, schedule, control, and bring to closure multiple high priority projects.
- Develop and lead a collaborative and Agile delivery approach that improves velocity, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability.
- Drive the cultural changes necessary to enable a continuous delivery model and foster a strong focus on automation.
- Foster a strong customer service mind-set throughout the digital team, while championing thought leadership and partnership with the customers.
- Partner with customers to create robust digital solution roadmaps that are integrated with architecture and operations.
- Seek out, validate, and bring to the technology organization innovative best practices and ideas from the outside, with a particular emphasis on digital methodologies.
- Identify emerging technology trends, especially in the area of SaaS and cloud computing, and ensure the customers are leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Ensure that all digital initiatives are well managed and delivered to meet expectations on functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Develop, implement and monitor digital policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Partner with customers to develop training and deployment plans aimed at maximizing both user adoption and realization of business benefits.
- Manage application vendor relationships and negotiate contracts to procure resources and technology solutions to meet the company’s strategic objectives.
- Assure lowest cost of ownership of applications through vendor negotiations and benchmarking.
- Recruit, develop and retain high caliber digital talent, especially for key leadership positions, and develop a succession plan.
- Implement and champion a robust professional development program, and continuously upskill team members to keep them current.
- Evaluate team members performance, provide candid feedback and high impact coaching that enables (and motivates) them to achieve departmental as well as enterprise goals.
- Build a culture of innovation and engagement, focusing on strengthening the organization’s employer brand to position accentedge as an employer of choice.
- A minimum of 10 years in software development, project management, process development and resource management with at least 5 years leading digital initiatives.
- Has successfully led development and delivery of multiple complex business technology solutions into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals.
- Experience developing and supporting mission critical applications optimized to run in the cloud or virtualized environments.
- Deep knowledge of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology.
- Expertise with managing application development at scale, employing SDLC methodologies including Agile and Scrum.
- Working knowledge of emerging trends and developments in PaaS, SaaS, iOS/Android app API, cloud, AI, machine learning and other digital technologies.
- Visible leadership skills and executive presence.
- Able to attract, develop and retain talent and build high performing digital services teams.
- Able to foster a culture of transparency and a sense of purpose among the team and create clear accountabilities and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability in developing a culture that embraces innovation, and challenges existing paradigms.
- Skilled at setting and communicating priorities effectively; able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Skilled at removing barriers and acting with a sense of urgency and encouraging others to so.
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Superior program and project management competencies.
- Ability to step into projects already in progress, or in need of rescue, and effectively assume a leadership role.
- Vendor negotiations.
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting.
- An exceptional listener, able to comprehend what is said and probe for important details.
- Able to communicate technical or complex subject matter in business terms.
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for both business and technology, including the latest digital innovations as they apply to the creation of business value.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, business, or a related field.
- An MS, MBA or related advanced degree is preferred.