Illinois Technology Association Marketing Strategy MBA Project- WeSolv
Every year the Illinois Technology Association (ITA) hosts its annual Tech Challenge, a programming and coding competition that draws top university students throughout the US. The top 50 are invited to Chicago to compete in the Final Challenge and meet with corporate sponsors who aim to recruit these talented coders. The Top 10 finishers receive a monetary prize.
ITA wishes to address some of the challenges it has experienced as the competition enters its 10th year. Although the quality of candidates participating in the Challenge has increased, the number continues to decrease. Female participation also remains low, and sponsors are receiving less ROI as many of these candidates do not accept their job offers. Your Challenge is to create a strategy that addresses the diminishing ROI to successfully usher the ITA competition into its second decade.
Participants will receive a full case briefing at the beginning of the Challenge. The first place team will receive $1,000 and all top three teams will have the opportunity to submit their resumes to top tech companies in the ITA network.
*Must be a registered MBA or Specialty master candidate at an accredited MBA program
*Must Siign up here
ITA seeks creative outside-the-box ideas for developing more compelling value propositions for both students and companies. Some questions to consider include:
- Is a competition the best format for giving both students (especially female coders) and companies what they want?
- Should this event take place at another time versus the Fall?
- What can ITA do to increase sponsors' ROI (i.e. accepted job offers)? [Sample companies include: TechNexus, Google, Dose, Capital One, Redbox, Deloitte, Vertex Analytics, DRIVIN, Silicon Valley Bank, ParkerGale, Vertex Analytics, Jellyvision, and more]
- Do female coders need to be marketed to differently?
- Would an all-female competition be feasible, and what are the legal implications?
1st Place: $1,000 + Resumes shared with top ITA member companies for open roles
2nd Place: Resumes shared with top ITA member companies for open roles
3rd Place: Resumes shared with top ITA member companies for open roles