Web Designer Intern - Qooley
At Qooley, our mission is to improve the way people experience the world. Our goal is to facilitate a connection between curious travelers and passionate locals.
We have two mobile app platforms; (1) Qooley – a platform where travelers can browse and book activities/experiences offered by locals, and (2) QooleyBiz – a platform where locals can create such activities/experiences.
Job Summary: We are seeking a passionate individual who is eager to work with an early stage start-up. The Web Design Intern will be responsible for re-designing our current website in WordPress using their own creativity and imagination. As a mobile technology platform, our website is the primary place for potential users to gain insight into our mobile app platforms. Our goal is to inspire potential travelers and activity providers to join the Qooley community in the Beta testing phase and beyond. Although the website will be for information purposes only, we hope to use modern web design to create a brand for Qooley. Visit http://www.qooley.com for more details.
- Conduct research to identify current trends in modern web design in the travel/experiences industry.
- Conduct research on how to create a SEO based website.
- Create a plan to re-design the current website. Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, site maps and wireframes.
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with company’s branding.
- Re-write content for relevant pages for the entire website. Identify relevant vs. irrelevant content on the current website.
- Must communicate directly with the co-founders regarding weekly progress by attending weekly stand-up meetings at a pre-determined time on a recurring basis.
Term: 4 weeks [may be extended]
Location: Chicago (preferred) or remote
- Education – must be enrolled in a design related bachelor’s degree program or related diploma.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools.
- Proficiency in WordPress as well as front-end development web programming languages such as HTML and CSS.
- Good understanding of content management systems.
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Opportunity to work in an early stage start-up environment.
- Opportunity to apply your creativity and imagination and make decisions that directly impact company’s branding.
- Opportunity to work directly with the co-founders.
- Access to mentors at 1871 (start-up incubator in Chicago).