Business Development Manager - Screencastify
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza | Suite 1212 | Chicago, IL 60654
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Screencastify is the #1 screen recorder for Chrome. With over 9 million weekly users, Screencastify has democratized screen recording by making it simpler and more affordable than ever.
Teachers and students around the world use Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much, much more. Our free version is used in more than half of US school districts, and dozens of schools express interest in our Premium version every week.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to formalize, execute and optimize our sales process so that it that 1) converts inbound leads into happy customers and 2) targets schools already heavily using our free version. In addition, the BDM will be tasked with identifying key industry partnerships that will significantly expand our reach.
You’ll need to understand our product inside and out, demonstrate its value in different ways depending on a school’s learning model, existing resources and decision-maker(s), and create recurring business for years to come.
As our first sales hire, you will have full control and responsibility over the sales process. You’ll play a critical role in the company’s growth trajectory. While our existing traction and brand reputation will set you up for success, this job will require a great deal of creativity, persistence, and entrepreneurship.
What you’ll do:
- Refine and optimize our sales process
- Rapidly test different sales strategies and tactics
- Define and hit aggressive sales goals by nurturing inbound leads and running outbound email and phone campaigns
- Lead the entire sales cycle, including qualifying leads, running product demos, and communicating regularly with stakeholders
- Use a CRM of your choice to track activity and create accurate ROI metrics
- Build and scale the sales team as necessary
- Don’t need to be told what to do (you’re a self-starter)
- Are excited to get in on the ground floor of a small, rapidly-growing, fast-paced startup
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups and downs of startup life
- Are creative, competitive, and outgoing
- Have 3-5 years of sales experience (SaaS and K-12 a huge plus)
- Have a degree from a four-year college or university
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible WFH policy
- Generous health / vision / dental insurance contributions
- Unlimited PTO