Lead Mobile Developer - Byzantia Group
Byzantia Group focuses on disruptive technologies that solve meaningful problems, empower individuals, and strengthen communities. One such technology is being launched from Chicago’s premiere innovation hub, 1871.
The firm is looking for a lead Android developer with substantial back-end experience to help with performance optimization, load testing, and making enhancements to help scale an existing application.
Duties and responsibilities
The candidate should have extensive experience with Android development and be well-versed with PHP or Java on the back-end, as well as the integration of mobile applications with AWS or Google Cloud/CDN, Firebase, and payment gateways. Experience in iOS development is desirable as the individual should be able to advise on the development of the iOS version of the application. Initially, the selected individual will serve as a consultant on aforementioned issues to our offshore team. This is a part-time position that has the potential to turn into a full-time role with equity in the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Optimizing loading speeds of video and other content across different types of mobile devices as the application scales.
- Performing extensive load testing and CDN implementation.
- Creating metrics to monitor performance and understand how the application is being utilized.
- Reviewing other developers’ code and continuously discovering, evaluating, and implementing new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Perform different types of automated testing to ensure robustness of code, usability, and general reliability.
- Addressing outstanding bug issues and implementing robust fixes.
The candidate should be a resourceful self-starter with a can-do attitude and be passionate about writing elegant code and adhering to the highest quality standards.
- BS/MS in Computer Science.
- Thorough knowledge of Android SDK.
- Thorough knowledge of PHP on the back-end.
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques on mobile devices.
- Experience scaling mobile apps on AWS (EC2/S3) or Google Cloud
- Experience with payment gateways (e.g. Stripe).