Head of Computer Vision - Cora Home
Cora is the Kayak/Booking.com of furniture. With Cora, you can search 100s of furniture sites at once. Our proprietary computer vision IP is the magic behind Cora’s ability to present aesthetically similar choices. Cora works with custom built object detection and matching algorithms in a variety of classes and applications.
We’re located at 1871 (Merchandise Mart in Chicago), ranked 1st in the world for business incubators. Sara (co-founder/CEO) and Chris (co-founder/CTO) are both technologists and former colleagues with deep Chicago technology and business networks.
- Conducts cutting-edge research in computer vision and deep learning
- Researches, recommends and leads computer vision / deep learning activities in congruence with business goals
- Recommends and participates in business planning as part of leadership team
- Strategically plans and prepares image annotation data for training classes with third party annotation service and leadership team
- Writes computer vision deep learning code (python) to support object detection, matching and other types of deep learning functionality for users
- Logs and documents steps and differences in training models and versions
- Regularly educates leadership and advisory team on deep learning activities and direction for company success
- Passionate about computer vision algorithms and their application to human problems
- Minimum 1-2 years experience developing computer vision algorithms/models with latest deep learning frameworks; knowledge of theory and practice of computer vision and deep learning techniques
- Experience with deep learning tools (Python, Tensorflow, CUDA, Keras)
- Demonstrated skills in python coding, software development and AWS experience a plus
- Experienced in building neural networks/algorithms, data prep, researching academic papers for potential solutions, experimenting and executing ideas
- Knowledgeable on server access (especially AWS), Git or SVN (versioning)
- Highly communicative, transparent; demonstrated leadership abilities; ability to summarize research and analysis for team with technical and non-technical expertise
Equity and salary compensation is based on seniority, experience, leadership.
You must be a U.S. citizen, legally authorized or able to obtain authorization to work in the United States.
How to Apply: Email Our Team
If strongly interested in our vision, we welcome a conversation with you!
Together, please email Sara Taylor-Demos ([email protected]), Chris Vuletich ([email protected]) and Landis Huffman ([email protected]). Let us know why you’re interested and include your resume/C.V.