Technical Writer - Binfer
Binfer is an early-stage high-tech startup that has developed a direct device-to-device secure file transfer and private communication platform. Binfer moves large files fast, enables secure file synchronization, secure web drop, private messaging, and more all without storing user’s data on any cloud or external servers.
Your data should be yours. We are facing unprecedented concerns over privacy, security and misuse of data. Until now, choices were extremely limited. People were forced to upload their data onto third party systems in order to share them. Uploading to third-party servers increases transfer time often with file size limits. Communication and messaging is stored out of user’s hands. Binfer is changing that, by providing a secure, easy and reliable way to communicate, without ever having to give up control of the data.
Come join us, and help us pioneer the next generation of secure communications.
You are wordsmith, have mastered the art of effective messaging and have a burning desire to be part of something bigger. You will be our creative voice on web pages, blogs, brochures, emails, flyers, display ads, etc. Binfer is a software product catering to both B2C and B2B markets. It is expected that you will be able to quickly learn the technical language. Before applying, do look at the terms like secure communication, VPN, P2P, AES encryption, FTP, edge computing, private cloud etc. This is the domain you will be writing about, both at technical as well as non-technical levels. You will:
• Understand our market and product deeply and create compelling content that will captivate, engage and convert.
• Create effective and focused messaging across all channels while evolving the brand and voice of the company.
• Create and optimize web copy, blogs, emails, case studies, white papers, press releases, info graphics, videos to be posted across multiple channels.
• Continuously measure effect of content using metrics and data, learn from the results and rebuild better content.
• Maintain a comprehensive editorial calendar.
• Must have written technical content (any technology related product or service). This is absolute must. Please provide links to articles in application. Candidates who do not provide links to published articles will not be considered.
• Must be prepared to write an article as part of screening process.
• 2+ years of experience in digital content writing, preferably in technology field.
• BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, PR or related field.
• Excellent command over written and verbal English.
• Working knowledge about CMS, marketing automation, SEM, SEO, web analytics, CRO, and social media marketing best practices and tools.
• Proficient in using WordPress, Google Analytics, and Excel.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills required.
• Experience publishing on social media like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Medium, etc.
• Motivated self-starter - Positive, high-energy, driven individual with a proven ability to move projects forward efficiently and effectively with minimal direction.
• Comfortable working with uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Must be local to Chicago area.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship.
- Health Insurance
- Chance to change the world