Full-Stack Web Developer - FreightFriend
A Freight Logistics Matching startup in Chicago is looking for a FullStack Web Developer – Full Time
The $1.1 trillion-dollar global logistics market is historically non-transparent, and ripe for increased efficiency. Under the existing model, shippers unknowingly cover endless intermediaries/costs and thus overpay for transportation. FreightFriend wants to change this by directly connecting Logistics Providers, Shippers and carriers to match available freight with truck capacity, balance carrier networks, and provide end to end logistics solutions in a private but centralized environment. Through a mutual friendship model FreightFriend enables logistics partners to collaborate with each other in a centralized, automated environment, without sharing proprietary information over public exchanges or limiting efficiency and usage from private communication or private exchanges.
FreightFriend is based in Chicago at 1871 in the Merchandise Mart, and currently has 15 Logistic Provider clients posting over 8000 loads daily, 20,000 registered carriers, and growing monthly recurring revenue. The Founder and CEO is Noam Frankel, a pioneer and innovator in the logistics industry for over 35 years: first, as a founder and Chief Operating Officer of American Backhaulers, where he rolled out their early stage technologies, and helped build into a legendary brokerage operation; as VP of Truckload at Echo Global Logistics he built the truckload division from scratch, before founding Optimal Freight, which he then sold to TFI International.
In the logistics marketplace which continues to expand exponentially, identifying the right carrier for shipments is a critical but challenging task for Shippers and Logistics Providers. And speed and ease of use is of the essence for technology to truly benefit operators tasked with moving freight and trucks.
Who will you work with:
The founder is well known in the industry, and has deep experience with logistics and trucking. The engineering team is getting off the ground and starting to build a strong collaborative culture with open mind for solving problems. Your contributions, however small, will be valued and we care for one thing! our people.
What you'll do:
- Knowledgeable of PWA (Progressive Web App), Reactive and responsive design
- Docker/Kurbenetes is desired but not required.
- At least 4+ years web development experience.
- Strong database design skills
- Great problem solving skills
- Write elegant code with Unit Tests
- Proven experience of client-side web development
- Strong Leadership skills, can take the project to the next level and innovate
- Comfortable of automation and DevOps.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fast learner and not afraid of taking risks
- Legally authorized to work in US without sponsorship.
- Work from Home and work on your own pace. We care more about the output, than time in office.