Manager of Brand & Marketing - Percent Pledge
Percent Pledge (www.percentpledge.org) is one of Built In’s 50 Startups to Watch for 2019! Our unique solution helps companies build a habit of giving into their employee experience, company culture, and brand identity. Combining unique giving technology and volunteer services, we serve as a "CSR in-a-box" for companies that may not have the time or resources to engage their teams in giving on their own. By leveraging Percent Pledge’s technology, employees are able to easily donate a small % of their monthly salary/budget (a “percent pledge”) to their favorite causes. We then deliver employees ongoing transparency through bi-weekly personalized impact reports—or Pledge Reports.
We are based in 1871, Chicago’s tech hub, and looking for passionate professionals to join the team.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and motivated marketing professional who can generate new business leads via B2B marketing tactics while owning the unique feedback-loop we provide users through our automated reporting. This person will be responsible for our brand growth by ensuring that our value proposition is clearly articulated and delivered across the most efficient channels. The role would suit someone who wants to be responsible for managing an exciting new brand with an incredibly powerful, and socially beneficial, story to tell.
What you'll be doing
- Managing all manifestations of the Percent Pledge brand, ensuring consistent messaging across all media
- Telling the stories of our brand, community, and clients
- Supporting revenue generation by populating “top of the funnel” sales leads and brand awareness
- Creating original brand content and curating content from our network of partner charities
- Writing press releases, thought leadership articles, blog posts, emails, social copy, and web copy in the appropriate voice for each
- Managing our @percentpledge social channels to increase awareness and user base
- Working across our sales, marketing, and development teams to own how our growing brand engages with current and future Pledgers
- Creating, executing, and managing Pledge Reports, our main value-add to users
- 3+ years experience in a B2B marketing/communications role
- 3+ years of experience managing email marketing campaigns
- 1+ years of copywriting experience
- 1+ years of startup experience
- An eye for visual design and familiar with the Adobe Suite
- Sales or growth experience valued
- PR experience with established relationships with relevant tech/business/community reporters
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- A kind heart and a strong interest in helping to make the world a better place
More about the role
This is a full-time position in Chicago. The offer will include a salary, a benefits package, and potential equity.
Why work for Percent Pledge?
We are building something impactful and beautiful -- and growing fast! By joining our team, you will be a vital contributor in growing our mission and making a profound positive impact on the world. Together, we can change the way people give by making giving a habit. #MakeThePledge!
To apply, please email [email protected] with a resume, cover letter and examples of your work including communications plans, press releases, blogs, social media posts, email marketing samples and any other examples that showcase your efforts.