Youth Program Coordinator - iCook After School
iCook is an innovative educational company that provides a really fun, hands-on after-school cooking and nutrition education program for children age K-4. The focus of the program is to enrich the lives of children by teaching them to love everything about food – cooking, eating delicious and healthful dishes, and learning about different cultures and stories behind the food.
We are looking for people who will share our passion for education, food, and, most importantly, making a difference in lives of our little chefs. If you are driven, reliable, organized, resourceful, and committed to enriching lives of children and inspired to help them develop a long-lasting love for food, healthy and balanced life style and adventurous taste, join our team today! This is an amazing opportunity to have a job that makes an impact on children’s lives every day while being a part of supportive and committed team!
What your day with iCOOK will look like:
- Oversee a team of iCOOK Instructors
- Manage compliance of your team of instructors with our specific policies and procedures as it relates to delivering curriculum; provide training and feedback on performance, as needed
- Communicate with assigned schools regarding scheduling of our programs and other related issues.
- Develop strong relationships with school administration, parents and instructors on your team
- Manage supply ordering, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be available Monday thru Friday from 2-5 pm
- Must have access to reliable form of transportation and be able to commute to schools in Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax County
- Compensation is $16-19 per hour
- Highly organized and reliable individual who can work well independently and be a part of a dynamic team
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills, including over the phone and in-person
- Ability to develop strong relationships with parents, schools and other members of the team
- Passion for our mission and commitment to inspire love for healthy living and food in children
- Energetic and self-driven individual
- Chance to enrich lives of children through helping them to develop healthy relationship with food and life-long passion for cooking healthful dishes; make a positive impact on your community
- Be a part of a dynamic, supportive and dedicated team passionate about learning, developing new skills and building an organizing driven by social mission
- Grow and learn together with us. iCook is a fast-growing organization and you can be a part of it. Your opinion will be heard and will matter!