Product Analyst / Software Engineer Intern - Jugl
Jugl (www.getjugl.com) is a Chicago-based start-up (working at 1871) that is passionate about building software to make it easier to be a working parent. Our family calendar assistant is designed specifically for working parents, making it easier to manage the schedules & logistics of busy modern households. We are also commencing work on a smart family dashboard.
We are seeking a summer intern with relevant CS experience to help enhance existing features and analyze areas of opportunity to enhance our product performance in the market.
You will work directly with our founder and extended team members as we build out our platform. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a growing start-up. We are always exploring new ideas in a fun and challenging work environment. If you’re ready to tackle this problem with purpose and enthusiasm, we’d love to hear from you.
Sample day-to-day activities:
• Review key performance metrics and determine ways to improve the product to exceed our targets
• Implement a code-based prototype for use in a user interview session
• Improving code for existing features individually or through pair programming
• Participate in product backlog refinement and prioritization exercises
• Computer Science or related focus
• Aptitude for mobile and web apps
• Understanding of test-driven development practices
• Operate and optimize processes in a continuous integration development environment
• Beta testing of software and refining a product roadmap based on user feedback
• Develop and refine skills in test driven development
• Participate in Agile product development
• Learn about other aspects of a start-up
Timing & Compensation:
• Summer 2019, exact dates flexible
• $15 hourly wage