Digital Marketing Intern - Civicly Envolved
Democracy is work, let us make it easy. Our vision is for all citizens to have the information they need to be the driving force of democracy.
Civicly Envolved is a digital platform that helps citizens get more involved in their government, and provides officials, advocacy groups and even candidates critical insights into how their citizens feel.
Our goal is to build a simple, personalized interface that aggregates the data that you need to get involved. We are an early-stage start-up looking for passionate, creative, self-starters who want to 1) learn about this complex environment, and 2) help make a real difference in the world.
The Digital Marketing Intern will be working directly with Co-Founders and others on the product team to learn more about what messages inspire our customers to get more involved using our tool. The intern will focus on embracing the customer journey and help inform, develop, and manage a digital marketing strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a written marketing strategy, including market segmentation and targeting
- Develop plans to expand our product reach (e.g., social media, podcasts, etc)
- Testing logos/mission/vision/values with customers
- Design marketing material and web-materials (e.g., PPT Template, Logo Redesign, Website updates)
- Manage social media platforms for the company
- Update the company website, as needed (e.g., Wix)
- Plan and prepare for publicity events (e.g., podcasts, press releases, etc), when applicable
- Focuses in business, marketing, communications, design preferred
- Uses social media platforms and trends
- Design software (e.g., PhotoShop / Illustrator)
- PowerPoint or comparable software
- Creative, design-oriented thinker
- Comfort talking to customers
- Passionate and enthusiastic communicator with solid written communications skills
- Working at a startup and building a start-up brand image
- Working with co-founders and sales leads to develop a go-to-market strategy
- Exercising customer research and data-driven marketing decisions
- Learning effective communications material, medium and messaging
- Developing marketing strategy for challenging customer situations