Technical Developer Intern - AutoPair
You know how you dread taking your vehicle in for service, the costs keep going up, and you get the sense they just might be gouging you? What if there was a way to find quality, trustworthy shops, save money and know if they were taking advantage of you? AutoPair is fixing these problems. We’ve created a simple, profitable platform to get the job done. We help consumers save money, find quality shops, and drive smarter. Along the way, we help those quality shops generate lifelong customer relationships.
Our mission is to help both vehicle owners and automotive repair businesses remove the universal distrust that is part of getting your vehicle serviced today. We help consumers save money, find quality, trustworthy shops, and empower them so they don't feel vulnerable with the whole automotive service experience. We help shops keep their bays full, reduce their marketing cost, improve their ROI and provide a way to build trust and the relationship through technology.
Duties & Responsibilities
AutoPair, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Developer Intern. Applicant should be enthusiastic, resourceful and genuinely interested in working in a technology ecommerce start- up with a nationwide footprint.
AutoPair, Inc. is an ecommerce business designed to save consumers money on their automobile repairs and to help drive new customers to automobile repair facilities. AutoPair, Inc. is currently headquartered at 1871 at Merchandise Mart in downtown Chicago. Daily intern duties will require the candidate to work out of the 1871 space on a daily basis.
TIMEFRAME: (open) But, No less than 10 weeks
COMPENSATION: This is a non-paid internship.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES: You will have learned the following after completion of the internship; - How to create and deploy modules and particles in Joomla and Gantry 5 - How to customize the shopping cart to fit specific needs.
- How to administer and develop apps and pages in Salesforce - How to create integration between separate SaaS platforms
- Configuration and customization of the CMS Joomla, Gantry 5 framework, and template
- Configuration and customization of the directory and shopping cart
- Create and develop customizations and apps in Salesforce
- Utilization of force.com, Apex, Visualforce
- Creating integrations between Salesforce and Joomla using API's and integration platforms
- UI/UX development and input to creative team
- Administration and management of middle-ware including cPanel, WHM, DNS, SSL
- Ability to work with outside technical contractors
- Bachelor's degree or currently majoring in CS or other technical / web disciplines or software engineering
- Familiar with a primary CMS like Wordpress, Joomla, or Drupal Solid HTML and CSS skills
- Experience with shopping cart technologies like Shopify, Magento, Woo Commerce, etc.
- Understanding of web & software development and utilizing roadmapping tools along with GitHub