Django Backend Developer Intern - Blocklight
Blocklight, LLC is an e-commerce analytics startup that will revolutionize the way that small-to-medium size e- businesses run their operations. The first phase of our business is focused on creating the Blocklight Analytics Platform (BAP) to help e-commerce businesses/SMB’s manage their operations and grow their brands with intelligent, affordable tools. The BAP is an all-in-one analytics hub that provides users with highly customizable dashboards, informative business metrics, and tools.
We are based out of the Chicago tech incubator 1871, where the candidate would be exposed to an incredible professional network, incubator resources, and our unique project that could lead to a full-time opportunity, bonuses, or a position with the team. In addition, Blocklight has completed Unbank.Ventures’ Incubator program which brings together emerging technology, top tier technologists/founders and financial institutions to create and commercialize the bank of the future. We were one of only 10 companies globally that was selected to join this prestigious program.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Django Backend Developer Intern, you will be focused on connecting to REST APIs, and processing API response data. You will be connecting to various third-party APIs, processing the API response data, and storing that data in a MySQL database.
Our rapidly evolving product demands balancing development velocity with API consistency, and improving the architecture to handle the scale of [eventually] millions of daily customers conducting transactions through mobile, online and other digital channels.
- Promote our Blocklight brand and establish a strong online presence
- Create custom modules using python (Django, Flask, etc.) to connect to third-party APIs
- Minimize errors and experiment with new libraries/technologies
- Architect, implement, and maintain our API connections, and be an active participant in all phases of the development life-cycle
- Support the Head of Data & Analytics and work as part of a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers
- Participate and gain DevOps experience to own entire engineering problems rather than just pieces of code
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Technical experience in:
- REST APIs
- Bonus: Ubuntu, Nginx, Gunicorn, Celery
- Must be flexible, hard-working, patient, and willing to learn/innovate
- Must have a strong interest to work in a startup environment
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a problem solver