Full-Stack Developer Intern - Blocklight
Blocklight, LLC is an e-commerce analytics startup that will revolutionize the way that small-to-medium size e- businesses run their operations. The first phase of our business is focused on creating the Blocklight Analytics Platform (BAP) to help e-commerce businesses/SMB’s manage their operations and grow their brands with intelligent, affordable tools. The BAP is an all-in-one analytics hub that provides users with highly customizable dashboards, informative business metrics, and tools.
We are based out of the Chicago tech incubator 1871, where the candidate would be exposed to an incredible professional network, incubator resources, and our unique project that could lead to a full-time opportunity, bonuses, or a position with the team. In addition, Blocklight has completed Unbank.Ventures’ Incubator program which brings together emerging technology, top tier technologists/founders and financial institutions to create and commercialize the bank of the future. We were one of only 10 companies globally that was selected to join this prestigious program.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented developer to assist our startup in building user-friendly, data-driven applications.
As a Full-Stack Developer Intern, you will:
- Contribute to design, development, and scaling of Django-based web application
- Build and maintain our 3rd party connector infrastructure, including API integrations with many online entities (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, QuickBooks)
- Build and maintain data pipelines between our front-end analytics dashboards and back-end databases
- Assist machine learning engineer with gathering and structuring data for model training, also with deploying models in production environment
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Technical experience in:
- Bonus: Django Allauth
- Must be flexible, hard-working, patient, and willing to learn/innovate
- Must have a strong interest to work in a startup environment
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a problem solver