Social Media Intern - Midwest Immersive
Mission, goals, why work with Midwest Immersive: Because 21st century consumers are unlike previous generations, the relationship between brands and their customers becomes increasingly challenging to maintain. Struggling to keep up with rapidly evolving standards and expectations, today’s consumers want more - a unique, customizable experience not only engaging, but unparalleled to anything they’ve seen before. Midwest Immersive exists to bridge the gap between the digital and physical worlds and create those experiences to help brands develop deeper, more meaningful connections with today’s consumers.
General nature of the position, overview, and what should be accomplished: As a company, we advise our clients on the importance of engaging with 21st century consumers in a manner that will most resonate with them. We cannot adequately or effectively
do this if we do not maintain an ongoing social media conversation with that same consumer demographics. We are developing thought leadership in this field and we have quickly learned that ongoing social media engagement requires a full time individual. The overall functions for this role are to help Midwest Immersive develop more in depth social media messaging, mainly on (but not limited to) the LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook platforms. We are looking for someone who understand these social media outlets and can help develop and refine our online presence. The success of this role is defined by the content put out on behalf of Midwest Immersive, the engagement generated by this content and the social media following gained as a result.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Help develop social media campaigns
○ Work on-site with the CEO and Director of Sales to create and implement ongoing engagement and outreach campaigns.
○ Develop a structured content calendar (weekly and monthly) ideally something scalable and automated.
● Take ownership of all social media initiatives.
○ Monitor analytics to identify viable ideas.
○ Create content to provoke conversations and engagement.
○ Create engaging blog.
○ Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts via social platforms.
● Provide support to our marketing and sales team.
○ Research potential business and other online penetration opportunities.
○ Offer insight to potential client outreach based on analyzing their social media engagement.
● A self starter. Someone who understands the many nuances of social media and can hit the ground running.
● Ideally someone who has a relatively larger existing social media following (i.e. someone who knows how to build a social media following).
● Someone who has and wants to bring ideas to the table. We always encourage outside of the box thinking and we want someone who is not be afraid speak their mind if they believe something will benefit the company.
● Someone with copywriting experience. This position will require a good amount of writing. The ideal candidate will understand how to maximize social media potential and optimize messaging to resonate to build a large following.
● Someone with an above average understanding of all things social media. This position requires an intimate understanding of most, if not all, social media platforms. The ideal candidate will how to connect, engage with and influence an online following.